6R80 transmission failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just get a kick out of watching you guys banter back and forth. If anyone wants to know anything about Guitars, let me know. Until then, I am lurking and learning <G>.

Falcon

What's a guitar? <GGG>

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's a guitar? <GGG>

It's a weapon of Grins and happiness. <G> And some good times around ANY campfire!

View attachment 315

View attachment 318
Falconldo
Falconldo
View attachment 317
View attachment 316

Falcon

GasGasMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to our tranny guy (not what you think Falcon!) and he said he has never had a 6r80 apart. So far, they are holding up.

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to our tranny guy (not what you think Falcon!) and he said he has never had a 6r80 apart. So far, they are holding up.

Yeah, I really think the failure I saw was an isolated case......although a few of those would be good for the ole' paycheck!

FSM

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is priceless info! especially how new all our trannys are...

Im dead concerned considering i took my truck in 3 times to try and simulate the churping noises it makes while driving for long periods of time...

FSM06, is it true that if you got it documented, on file...and if you pass the 35K mark or 3 years, the tranny should still get fixed under warranty cause it was ID prior to? im kinda paranoid now

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just get a kick out of watching you guys banter back and forth. If anyone wants to know anything about Guitars, let me know. Until then, I am lurking and learning <G>.

Falcon

Hmmm...that looks like, smells like and quacks like a

lens1299382_threadjack.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

By the way, WHEN can you come out west and meet up with us on a Raptor run? I definitely want you and your guitar strumming banjo pickin' band around OUR campfire!

2626012390_0857c116b8.jpg

Disclaimer: that's an internet pic - I have no idea who they are. When can you come our west? We'll set up a big Raptor run for you and the band :)

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be honored to play with the banned <G> I may go out with the wife next time she goes to San Diego... be a good run to stretch the Raptor's legs and meet a bunch of new friends <G>.

Falcon

P.S. FSM06 and crew... do you thing the tranny in the Raptor R was a stock 6R80? If so the thing is bullet proof.

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

By the way, WHEN can you come out west and meet up with us on a Raptor run? I definitely want you and your guitar strumming banjo pickin' band around OUR campfire!

2626012390_0857c116b8.jpg

When can you come our west? We'll set up a big Raptor run for you and the band :)

OH ****!! I think I hear banjo music.........paddle faster!:panic:

FSM