Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

6R80 transmission failure

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by FSM06, Apr 8, 2010.

1. frogslinger

frogslinger Full Access Member

That is kinda cool... I knew GM was integrating their TCUs like that... did not know Ford was.

2. Xjrguy

Xjrguy FRF Addict

"During production, each transmission built at Livonia will develop a sophisticated “birth history” that allows plant engineers to track every stage of production – starting even before major components arrive at the transmission plant. The system uses sophisticated Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology to track components as they move through production – similar to the type of radio frequencies used in a speed pass to pay at gasoline pumps.

Each engine or transmission’s birth history is recorded and maintained in a database related to a bar code. Such data include hundreds of metrics, including torque levels for specific bolts, various testing information and major components identified for traceability.

The birth history allows engineers to trace the precise path taken by any part, so any quality control issue can be traced back to its source, and affected parts taken out of production. “This has potential to save thousands of unnecessary replacements, and spare customers considerable inconvenience,” said Frazier Anderson, plant manager, Livonia Transmission Plant."

Taken from Ford's site.

3. MagicMtnDan

MagicMtnDan FRF Addict

Does Ford know you took it from them? They're gonna be pissed when they realize it's gone! :mrgreen:

4. Raptor enroute

Raptor enroute Full Access Member

Yea what Dan said and they will probably ban your butt for it when they find out........................................ohh wrong rant my bad

5. Falcon

Falcon Full Access Member

All witty bits aside, that is WAY cool. Thanks for sharing it XJRGuy.

Falcon

6. GasGasMan

GasGasMan Full Access Member

Great post FSM!!

On a side note-the 6.2 trans is controlled by the PCM. There's no module in the valve body.

7. FSM06

FSM06 Full Access Member

Good point GGM, that is absolutely correct. Not sure why the different configuration unless it has something to do with the use of it behind the 6.2L in the Super Duty.??

FSM

8. GasGasMan

GasGasMan Full Access Member

Does the Stupid Duty use the TorqShift or the 6R80?

9. Falcon

Falcon Full Access Member

I just get a kick out of watching you guys banter back and forth. If anyone wants to know anything about Guitars, let me know. Until then, I am lurking and learning <G>.

Falcon

Jimster58 likes this.
  10. FSM06

FSM06 Full Access Member

Torqshift 6 I found out today, not the 6R80........my bad.

FSM