6R80 Reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

popupgizmos

Reaction score
Howdy guys,

I've had the truck for a bit over a week now...already put close to 700 miles on it. I like the truck in most every respect...quality, ride, interior. Performance of the 5.0 is good...plenty of power. As for the transmission, it definitely is different from what I was use to in the 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi. The Ford 6 speed has taken some getting use to...first to second gear shifting happens really fast...on normal take off from a stop the trans shifts to second almost as soon as I hit the gas. And I'm in third almost as fast. But that doesn't effect anything in a negative way...it's just different. Put your foot into it and the shift points are plenty spread out. I will say the trans shifts much softer than the Dodge and while acceleration is strong, the Hemi was quicker to respond. All said and done I really like the truck (Good thing, right? lol)

Bob Pitney

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Bob-
Part of the shifting you describe is for fuel economy. Most autos these days try to get to the highest gear as soon as they can, which is fine. You can use the tow / haul setting to get it to hold gears longer. Glad you like the truck!

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
trans does great, tow mode offers nice trans braking also.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the downshift issues, dealer re-flashed the trans module or whatever, works fine now. No other problems.