60k mile maintenance suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abstorm929

Reaction score
Hey guys, my 2014 6.2 is about to turn 60k miles and i'm looking for recommendations on any maintenance I should have done on it. I'm not trying to break the bank on proactive service, but definitely want this truck to last. I've read several things around flushing the transmission fluid, but wanted to see what else i should knock out. Thanks for your help!

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plugs. Use anti-seize on the treads of the new ones. The longer you leave those in the more likely you might break one on removal down the road plus don't care what anyone one says plugs may go 100k but that doesn't mean you should. Have always seen some improvement when changing early. Did my trans 3X in first 100k miles on my gen 1, although I towed a big boat and did many Baja trips. Did my diffs just before sold at 100k miles, probably should have done sooner by the look of the fluid. Truck ran flawless during that time I owned it. Also rebuilt the stock shocks 2X.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It really depends how hard you use your truck.
I always keep fluids clean. Oil/ Trans/Rad/Diffs...
Plugs and wires can last 100,000 depending on where you live, and again, how hard you are on the truck. I did mine at 75,000 and it was a bitch (Supercharger in the way) My torque converter fell apart around 80,000 and entire trans was rebuilt on warranty. I'll be swapping to drilled / slotted rotors shortly, as Im on stock rotors with 1 set of replacement pads.