60" LED Tailgate Light Bar Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would be great if someone made and sold a replacement bracket w/hardware. I assumed it was an open/close sensor, so interesting to see it's just for alignment while using the integrated step.

Till then, adding spacers to the plastic mounting pieces is easier than trying to modify the bracket and hardware.

Keep us posted on that thread with the final result.

so about a .5" riser to mount correct?

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I measured and my spacers are exactly 0.400”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a 6 foot .5 x .5 square piece of either PVC or vinyl (I forget which one it was) and cut it to the same length as the light bar but cut out the area where the bracket was. I then used thin double sided tape (3M or whatever brand you prefer) on both sides to adhere to the light bar on one side and the truck on the other. It is not coming off.

flzrider

Reaction score
I found a 6 foot .5 x .5 square piece of either PVC or vinyl (I forget which one it was) and cut it to the same length as the light bar but cut out the area where the bracket was. I then used thin double sided tape (3M or whatever brand you prefer) on both sides to adhere to the light bar on one side and the truck on the other. It is not coming off.

I did the same thing but the thickness of the light bar (which is very thin to begin with) plus the height of the bracket and bolts was too large and I had interference with the tailgate in the closed position. I ended up removing the alignment bracket all together, but the idea of using counter sunk hardware seems like it could work well too. I really can't imagine how the alignment bracket is all that useful. The load on the tailgate step would have to be in the side to side direction for it to be of any use.

6jrU4Dd.jpg

flzrider

Reaction score
Off topic (on my own thread to boot), but the 2018's have the F-150 molded tailgates but not anything else 2018 (headlights, tail lights)? I guess I didn't know that.... And what part of NC are you at?

Yea, if you didn't get the tailgate applique on a 2018, you got the stamped tailgate. That's really the only exterior change.

The truck is in Miami now but it spends about half of the year in a town about an hour north of Boone, NC.

Last edited:

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Where'd you find a .5 X .5 piece of material?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
bump - anyone know a place to get small strips of plastic/abs to mount this with?

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

where'd you find this?

heffneil

Reaction score
Im curious about the strip too? I haven't tried installing my blade yet but it came while I was away for holiday. Excited to install this puppy soon! I was thinking some plastic washer / spacers perhaps.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Gosh I just realized that the blinker isn't sequential. Why did I think - reading this thread - that the current version was sequential?!