GEN 1 6.2 Power Steering Madness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCSoCal

Reaction score
Hi There - We have a 2011 Super Crew with 125k miles on it. The PS pump blew and I replaced the pump, belt, all pulleys and it blew another pump. I then replaced the rack and pinion plus new hoses all around.....and it blew the pump again after only 40 miles of driving. Truck has 35s on it and I drove 125k miles on the stock motorcraft pump and it's blown 2 new ones since - all street driving since the first repair.
There are no air leaks nor any obstructions in the system.
Now I'm being told to upgrade to an RPG or Howe pump after having the system inspected with not problems other than it keeps blowing the motorcraft pump.
Thoughts on this are appreciated - been a month pf power steering MISERY!
Thank You!

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
". The PS pump blew and I replaced the pump, belt, all pulleys and it blew another pump. I then replaced the rack and pinion plus new hose". Do you still have the old pump, belts, & hose? Did you save the remaining fluid? Was anything leaking/seized up? Is it possible that it had contaminated fluid? Was the cap intact and tight?