6.2 intermittent valve train ticking noise at start up ??????????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
After I saw Fords video on their website about how huge the valves and everything about the engine is I just assumed it was the valves ticking because they are huge...

mrpork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motor knock/tick

When starting my truck this morning it knocked and tick a little. Is this normal. It is a 2012 with 9000 on her never beat on always babied.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine ticks since brand new. Not sure what severity of a tick you're talking about though. Mine is subtle, but still noticeable. I have read that a lot of guys have the tick and that it is "normal".

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
My injectors tick really bad. Always have.

Not sure about the knock. Check your oil level.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What type of oil filter?

Make sure it has an anti drain back valve. The anti-drain back valve is used to prevent oil from draining back to the crankcase after shutdown. If an oil filter without anti-drain back valve is used there will be several seconds of ticking/knocking until oil can be pumped up. Especially during cold temps..

-Greg

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine ticks all the time in the colder months in summer it is fine i don't hear it at all. And dealer says nothing wrong with it no codes or lights on the dash. I was like no sh*t no lights but still it shouldn't make that noise i don't think.