6.2 intermittent valve train ticking noise at start up ??????????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X_TACOMA_GUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can any of you guys pinpoint where the ticking is coming from on the engine?
It could be a solenoid in the emissions system that you are hearing as it is cycling. On my soon to be former vehicle, there is a solenoid right by the power brake booster that makes a very audible ticking noise. It sounds exactly like a lifter click. I went around the engine compartment with a long handled screwdriver, and used it as a stethoscope to locate the source of the ticking. When I put the screwdriver on the mentioned solenoid, you could feel the ticking as well as clearly hear it.

Just a thought.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as your not in Iraq or Afghanistan I think you'll be fine.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I had taken my raptor back to ford asking the same thing. I was told its just the injectors are just noisy . And that its just not the raptor , its some different models as well

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 does it also, main thing is it goes away in a few seconds. There is a strange ping to the exhaust underneath somewhere near the header junction I hear when I start also but that is only for about a second also.