Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

1. RICK ERICKSON

RICK ERICKSON Member

I recently got 2 6.2 low millage complete pull out core engines to performacne build. I was told one was a good runner and the other was a runner but had a light rod knock. Pulled both engins apart and they booth look to be in very good condition and can not see any reason for a rod, pin or maine knock. The only thing i found that might of caused a knock was one cam phaser I could rattel a little like the bolts that hold it onto the cam was lose but there not. The others felt solidly mounted on the cams. Is there a issue with the 6.2 cam phaser's ? Since i am performance building these for vintage cars I would like to use them but with a limited motion of about 8 degrees total for a wider tork curve

Here are the 2 car they are going into 50 Merc woody 60 T-bird shop 10-06-19 013.jpg Ford & Ford 027.jpg

2. FordTechOne

FordTechOne Full Access Member

VCT Phasers are not a common issue on 6.2 engines, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have a bad one.

When inspecting the phasers, the VCT unit should not move relative to the camshaft. If it does, at minimum, the locking pin has failed. There may be additional damage to the VCT as well, which will cause a rod knock type noise at idle.

3. Truckasaurus

Truckasaurus Full Access Member