6.2 Blue Valve/Cam Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump ! Just ordered these from Tasca, gonna hold onto them for now and coat and install them down the road. Lots of good information in this thread, thank you!

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purchased a set from Tasca a few weeks ago. Had them powder coated in Ford Blue and installed them over the weekend.

One thing I really like about these is the 6mm stud mounts on the top. I have some bolt-mount zip ties from Fastenal that happen to fit perfectly, so it made organizing the plug and engine harness wires a breeze. Don't have a photo of the finished product, but can take a close-up if anybody wants to see it.

Attachments

• Valve Cover - Both.jpg
    Valve Cover - Both.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 30

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased a set from Tasca a few weeks ago. Had them powder coated in Ford Blue and installed them over the weekend.

One thing I really like about these is the 6mm stud mounts on the top. I have some bolt-mount zip ties from Fastenal that happen to fit perfectly, so it made organizing the plug and engine harness wires a breeze. Don't have a photo of the finished product, but can take a close-up if anybody wants to see it.
You're getting there. I sanded the lettering for that authentic look.

IMG_7646.1.jpg

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're getting there. I sanded the lettering for that authentic look.

View attachment 315334
I did the same after I saw yours. Didn't realize the polished lettering didn't show up in my original photo. Here's a couple of different angles taken during install.

Also removed the studs prior to sending them out for powdercoat, which made the sanding process much easier!

If I'm being honest, I really like the matte/wrinkle finish on yours better than the gloss finish on mine. Kinda wishing I went that direction, but it's too late now.....

Attachments

• Valve Cover - passenger.jpg
    Valve Cover - passenger.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 17
  • FR Twin 65mm.jpg
    FR Twin 65mm.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 17

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the most authentic Ford Racing Blue powder paint match possible. After looking at several covers on other Ford engines, they all had a wrinkle finish.

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with the most authentic Ford Racing Blue powder paint match possible. After looking at several covers on other Ford engines, they all had a wrinkle finish.
Do you happen to remember the paint code? The PC told me he could order whatever I wanted, but none of his color charts showed a wrinkle finish like that.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to remember the paint code? The PC told me he could order whatever I wanted, but none of his color charts showed a wrinkle finish like that.

They are in Oregon, not far from me. They make the powders, 6500 colors.

IMG-1028-1.jpg

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score