Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

6.2 Blue Valve/Cam Covers

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by RIDESDIRT, May 15, 2016.

GotExhaust
  1. allinon72

allinon72 Full Access Member

Turned out great.

2. Movinon

Movinon Full Access Member

Mine came with aluminum..an 11 but never thought about painting them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3. Gary E

Gary E Full Access Member

The original Ford Racing Blue cam cover powder coating that I'm aware of has a rough matte finish. That is what I went with when coating the aluminum covers. Then I topped it with a blue JC Customs oil cap cover.

[​IMG]

Truckasaurus and Movinon like this.
  4. Truckasaurus

Truckasaurus Full Access Member

Confirmed. I have a set on hand. Textured matte finish. Picture attached next to my new Gen 4 head unit. Not a perfect match. Most likely going to have the ones I bought from you sent out to Whipple for a perfectly matching finish and keep the original Ford Racing parts tucked away.

To those wanting to do this with aluminum parts, keep checking ebay or get in touch with some local wrecking yards. Should be plenty of these out there. Don't forget the 6.2 is also a Super Duty engine.

IMG_7136.jpg

mpk1996, Movinon, MTF and 1 other person like this.
  5. BrandonSVT

BrandonSVT Member

Are these valve covers painted with the VHT wrinkle paint? I just ordered a set of aluminum ones to replace my stock plastic ones on my 2012. I really like the blue with the "Powered By Ford" unpainted.

Ordered part numbers BC3Z-6582-G and BC3Z-6582-H from Autonation Ford for $230 shipped. Hoping to get the same results as above.

6. Gary E

Gary E Full Access Member

They come unfinished aluminum. They have to be powder coated in Ford Racing Blue matte finish. Then the lettering has to be sanded to get the proper look. The wire mounts are all in different locations, so you'll have to figure the mountings and fasteners out on your own.

7. Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S Full Access Member

At the time, I bought the last set directly from Roush in 2014 for my Gen1

85FB3499-69B0-49B2-95E1-971E200310F3.jpeg

2E02367E-785B-4F28-BEED-CEC343BD3344.jpeg

Sernas likes this.
  8. BrandonSVT

BrandonSVT Member

I gotcha. I guess I will have to find a local powder coater and see if they can do the textured ford blue. Trying to get the same look as my whippled 03 Cobra.

20150719_141123.jpg

03svt likes this.
  9. Rocsteady

Rocsteady Full Access Member

I'm not a fan of the baby blue but I get the significance. I would like to do something with mine though like I did on my Shelby GT350. Since they were only coil covers, they really didn't get as hot as the actual valve covers like on the 6.2. Used the 2X to see how it would hold up and a couple coats of clear to top it off. Only issue was the blue didn't match the stripes quite right; sold the car before I tried it again.

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Rocsteady

Rocsteady Full Access Member

I thought I remembered why but looking at the first post again; what is the significance of the light blue valve covers? Offered on some hi po engines of the past?
    I've enjoyed seeing the different ideas on this thread and added a little color to mine until I find a set I can paint for real, maybe red, white and blue and add some blue plug wires too?

[​IMG]