6.2 Blue Valve/Cam Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Ford makes a clip specially for those. My crown Vic has them... Still trying to find the part number.
I do like what you did tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Hmm. maybe it is for the pair

Should be. I haven’t ever seen where someone sells valve covers by the piece. Price reflects that of MSRP when Ford Racing was selling them out of the catalog. I am tempted by it but 300 bones is just asking too much. Especially since it’s 100k overhaul time and I have a pinion bearing going out right now.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should be. I haven’t ever seen where someone sells valve covers by the piece. Price reflects that of MSRP when Ford Racing was selling them out of the catalog. I am tempted by it but 300 bones is just asking too much. Especially since it’s 100k overhaul time and I have a pinion bearing going out right now.

Check my edit... That's San Leandro Ford. I called them last week. They don't have and can't get. Best bet are the natural ones on eBay and paint

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Check my edit... That's San Leandro Ford. I called them last week. They don't have and can't get. Best bet are the natural ones on eBay and paint

Well that sucks. I don’t understand why they discontinued the part number.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks. I don’t understand why they discontinued the part number.

Yes, I also contacted them. Ordered a pair from them. They took a week to respond that they didn't have any. I ask them why they have them listed if they don't have 'em. They never responded. I see they still list them. What a sham.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Ford makes a clip specially for those. My crown Vic has them... Still trying to find the part number.

I'm aware of that. Tried to find a part number with no success. Posted a PM to a FRF member that said he got some clips...what, where, when, and all that. He never responded. Also, posted a PM to another member about the Ford Racing Blue color...what, where, when, and all that. Also, got no response, so did it myself.

I will have an extra set of blue covers down the road a bit for anyone that is interested. I'm in them fairly deep, so they won't be cheap.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

All of the dealerships sell each CAM cover individually, not as pairs, as they have separate part numbers.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I also contacted them. Ordered a pair from them. They took a week to respond that they didn't have any. I ask them why they have them listed if they don't have 'em. They never responded. I see they still list them. What a sham.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

I'm aware of that. Tried to find a part number with no success. Posted a PM to a FRF member that said he got some clips...what, where, when, and all that. He never responded. Also, posted a PM to another member about the Ford Racing Blue color...what, where, when, and all that. Also, got no response, so did it myself.

I will have an extra set of blue covers down the road a bit for anyone that is interested. I'm in them fairly deep, so they won't be cheap.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

All of the dealerships sell each CAM cover individually, not as pairs, as they have separate part numbers.

They sell the plastic ones. The mag ones are getting very rare...2 left on ebay

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but they aren't blue. Don't think they are magnesium. Aluminum.

Paint or powder coat them. From what i understand they are indeed magnesium, people just make the mistake and assume they are aluminum.
For example the ones on ebay, those covers are probably in a superseded part no. box (that is the part number for the plastic covers) Do a search for the 2011 raptor valve covers (came with mag covers) and you will see the part is unavailable.
anyways employees job is to clear out old stock and calls them aluminum on listing

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint or powder coat them. From what i understand they are indeed magnesium, people just make the mistake and assume they are aluminum.
For example the ones on ebay, those covers are probably in a superseded part no. box (that is the part number for the plastic covers) Do a search for the 2011 raptor valve covers (came with mag covers) and you will see the part is unavailable.
anyways employees job is to clear out old stock and calls them aluminum on listing

That's what I did if you read my posts. I personally do not believe they are magnesium. Not likely they are put is other boxes. Why would they do that? The ones I have here (2 pair) all came in original unopened Ford boxes with the original part number labels on them. All came from a Ford dealer. I do not need to do a search, as the part numbers are the early Raptor, not the same as the later plastic ones. The part numbers are on the underside of both styles.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what I did if you read my posts. I personally do not believe they are magnesium. Not likely they are put is other boxes. Why would they do that? The ones I have here (2 pair) all came in original unopened Ford boxes with the original part number labels on them. All came from a Ford dealer. I do not need to do a search, as the part numbers are the early Raptor, not the same as the later plastic ones. The part numbers are on the underside of both styles.

What are the part numbers for the ones you have? And they came as a pair?