6.2 Blue Valve/Cam Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RIDESDIRT

Reaction score
I know these aren't for every one, but I have wanted a set since the day I got my Raptor, of course they are discontinued. I started my research back in January, and have been collecting the parts. My brother decided he wanted a set too, we did his track first, it is a white 2014. Pictures are before the wiring harness was reattached correctly, but that is done now. Everything came together and the install turned out pretty sweet, check it out. Engine bay cleanup is next...

IMG_4542_zpsuetwq2h4.jpg
IMG_4548_zpsbqylqgw6.jpg
IMG_2798_zpsnaomj7da.jpg

You can see them through the fenderwell
IMG_4550_zpsu0yzvyuz.jpg

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you actually find a set of the discontinued blue valve covers or did you powder coat the stock covers? I believe 2010-2011 trucks came with factory aluminum covers and later trucks got the cheesy plastic ones. I couldn't stand the plastic ones on my 2013 so when my truck went in for a whipple I added a set of the ford racing orange covers. These were pretty hard to find. I couldn't find any of the blue ones despite trying many sources.

Engine 2.JPG

Engine 3.JPG

OP
OP
RIDESDIRT

RIDESDIRT

Reaction score
Truckzor, the orange is pretty bad ass. My truck is also a tuxedo black SE, I was going to do them in the SE red, but decided to stay with the Ford Racing Blue.

I bought the covers for a 2011 6.2 and had them powder coated Fords Racing Blue (actual powder color). I think they may be magnesium. The install was straight forward, the plug wire clips were a bitch to find...

My first idea was to have a set of the plastic covers painted. They look OK but wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I am seriously **** about some things, I know it is a personality problem... lol. I still have those if anyone is interested. I am going to put them up for sale in the garage, these are brand new, not the ones I removed.
IMG_4549_zpscyxskum5.jpg

unw153

Reaction score
I found a white set on ebay a few years ago - paid $250 and they sat in my garage until 2 months ago. Had them and the Whipple PCd to match the RPG PSR. All the work was done by TMX in Dallas. Really like the way everything turned out.

12168-whipple.jpg

12167-whipple.jpg

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truckzor, the orange is pretty bad ass. My truck is also a tuxedo black SE, I was going to do them in the SE red, but decided to stay with the Ford Racing Blue.

I bought the covers for a 2011 6.2 and had them powder coated Fords Racing Blue (actual powder color). I think they may be magnesium. The install was straight forward, the plug wire clips were a bitch to find...

My first idea was to have a set of the plastic covers painted. They look OK but wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I am seriously **** about some things, I know it is a personality problem... lol. I still have those if anyone is interested. I am going to put them up for sale in the garage, these are brand new, not the ones I removed.

Good idea getting a set from a 2011. I didn't think of that.

And yes the set I ordered from Ford Racing was supposedly magnesium, as well. Hopefully they never catch on fire.

11bcacti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW the dealership I work at just took in a 2013 F250 gasser with the 6.2. Just a thought that maybe these valve covers would be easier to come by and paint or powdercoat...

OP
OP
RIDESDIRT

RIDESDIRT

Reaction score
FWIW the dealership I work at just took in a 2013 F250 gasser with the 6.2. Just a thought that maybe these valve covers would be easier to come by and paint or powdercoat...

Good thinking, and thats pretty much what I did, my go to parts man hooked me up with them. If I remeber right, the part numbers are the same for 2010-11 Raptors and the newer F250 gassers.