Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

6.2 2012 Raptor - gear change issues

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by R_o_b, Jun 17, 2019.

1. R_o_b

R_o_b Member

Hi everyone I’m new to this forum and have a concerning issue with my Raptor.

Recently I replaced the battery with a genuine Motorcraft battery, which has started to leak. I live in a hot and humid climate (currently 38-43 degrees) so put the leak down to gas expansion inside the battery which is being vented.

Since the battery leak my Raptor has started getting stuck in 5th and 1st gear. This has happened 3 times now in the last 2 weeks.

I would be really grateful for your advice and opinions.

Thanks

Rob

2. caboguy

caboguy Member

had the same tranny issue with my 2011 there was a service notice sent out from ford. need an upgrade in the computer and also a lead frame part that goes in the tranny. free if in the usa i had mine fixed in la paz mx for about 600usd. works great now!!! good luck

BenBB likes this.
  3. R_o_b

R_o_b Member

Thanks caboguy, do you by any chance know where I can find a copy of the service notice?

4. BenBB

BenBB Full Access Member

Definitely sounds like the lead frame issue, search for "6R80 Transmission Lead Frame" and you'll find many reports of the same issue. Ford but they recently issued this:
    https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/recall-19s07-2011-2013-powertrain-control-module.66142/
    In that 19S07 letter it does say that Ford will replace it if it has under 150,000 miles (what like 241,000 km?), and you have until November 30th of this year to get it done. I would try that route first, good luck!!!

5. R_o_b

R_o_b Member

Thanks a million! This gives me something to point the dealer to....I’ll let you all know how I get on...

BenBB likes this.