5th Wheel RV’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_veloci_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't have the 5th wheel yet, maybe there are other trailers that will fit your need?

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even an ultralight bumper pull will do fine behind one of these. Something designed for a light SUV, lots of options out there with lower tongue weights.

Keep the raptor, find a motorhome or dedicated tow pig. Best of both worlds.

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 5th wheel and a long bed F-350 to tow it, and sometimes (like windy days or mountains) that was just enough. Last weekend I had the Raptor loaded with gear and family heading up to Big Bear and I can’t imagine climbing with a big 5th wheel behind me. A light travel trailer would be ok. I’m not even sure the bed is long enough to be safe. Is it?

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We tow a 16ft Airstream Bambi - love it and it tows like there's nothing behind us, even on the worst of grades.
View attachment 148583

I think a small tow-behind is perfect for this size truck. My wife and I want to do that at some point. Of course with the Roush blower on it, mine climbs great, and tows my boat great, but my main issue is that I've seen some transmission temps that I don't like. Part of is is that we live in Vegas, and the other is that the intercooler sits in front of everything. Changing fluid, and upgrading to the larger transmission cooler to see if I can improve temps. Love the Airstreams!

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think a small tow-behind is perfect for this size truck. My wife and I want to do that at some point. Of course with the Roush blower on it, mine climbs great, and tows my boat great, but my main issue is that I've seen some transmission temps that I don't like. Part of is is that we live in Vegas, and the other is that the intercooler sits in front of everything. Changing fluid, and upgrading to the larger transmission cooler to see if I can improve temps. Love the Airstreams!
Same thing here - tranny temps can climb. I went to the large AFE pan and the Saudi transmission cooler. I haven't had issues since. However since I beefed up my supercharger even more (69mm pulley and full Kooks headers) I can now get my engine temp to climb during the worst hill climbs in the Rockies - while towing. I'm considering upgrading my radiator since I don't think there's actually anything wrong, just a matter of dumping more fuel into the motor and pushing more power out. Tranny temps solid so far though.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AFE doesn't list a tranny pan for the Raptor.
Where did you get yours?
Perhaps I'm looking at something that's more obvious than what I have found so far.