560 RWHP Whipple Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your dyno numbers are outstanding. That is right where I'd like to be once I get around to supercharging my truck. Nice work!

-Rob

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, I've waited a long time to get those kind of numbers. Really didn't rush into it, but I'm happy all over again just like 3 1/2 years ago when I Whippled.

I still never received an email back on the boost number.
But I'll get a vid up after I come back from vacation.
I also did a transmission flush last week so I've been taking it easy till the clutch packs get used to the new fluid.

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I've waited a long time to get those kind of numbers. Really didn't rush into it, but I'm happy all over again just like 3 1/2 years ago when I Whippled.

I still never received an email back on the boost number.
But I'll get a vid up after I come back from vacation.
I also did a transmission flush last week so I've been taking it easy till the clutch packs get used to the new fluid.

Do the guys who boost their raptors run with wideband afr gauges? EGT gauge?

I've had supercharged and turbo'd vehicles and always liked to run with those so that I can potentially see when things go boom.

Tunes don't necessarily go bad, but there are a myriad of ways afr's etc can get out of whack.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes there are quite a few who put gauges in the vents and use the pillar gauge set.

It's just eye candy and looks good, do you need them, not really.
The Raptor's SC Tune has all the safety's enabled.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the guys who boost their raptors run with wideband afr gauges? EGT gauge?

I've had supercharged and turbo'd vehicles and always liked to run with those so that I can potentially see when things go boom.

Tunes don't necessarily go bad, but there are a myriad of ways afr's etc can get out of whack.

Typically not, the Raptor uses factory widebands so IF, and I do mean IF the tune is right, there is nothing to worry about. If the o2 is going bad you will have a MIL light on telling you so, and then you can replace it and be worry free again.

Now, finding someone who can properly tune these, that's the real trick. one of our most common phone calls on these trucks are asking/scheduling us to tune the truck because they have been through 6, 7, even sometimes over a dozen tuners and they can't get it right.

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically not, the Raptor uses factory widebands so IF, and I do mean IF the tune is right, there is nothing to worry about. If the o2 is going bad you will have a MIL light on telling you so, and then you can replace it and be worry free again.

Now, finding someone who can properly tune these, that's the real trick. one of our most common phone calls on these trucks are asking/scheduling us to tune the truck because they have been through 6, 7, even sometimes over a dozen tuners and they can't get it right.

Come to think of it, I haven't read anything about anyone using a standalone system.

The tune is done all through the ECU? Cool! Someone broke down the code? The BMW world only had a few guys that could tune through the ECU.

I could switch between low and high boost and liked to have at least a wideband. Liked to know if I was running lean.

Got into a little tuning with my Evolution 8. Would do some 3rd gear WOT pulls, check the data, and go from there.

Is there any kind of open source software that allows regular joe's like me to see the maps?

Interesting stuff.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to nit pick, Raptor's do not have ECUs. They are PCMs (Powertrain Control Module) which control both engine and transmission, and TC, ABS, RSC and Stabili-Track.
ECUs is old tech, most newer vehicles are using PCMs

I have a few vids using a Bluetooth OBD11 Dongle and the Torque Pro App all stats are live. I'll post links in a minute.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/torque-pro-app-android-bluetooth-obd2-13742/

There is also ScanTool and Commander App and Program for Laptop hookup, that does this as well.
Also any good OBD11 with recording will give you live and recorded stats.

If your looking to Tune on your own (which I don't recommend) SCT is the software Tuners are using.

Last edited: