500+ HP on gen 3??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be the right move. I've always been happy with the power but you really have to go up and get it. Seems like by the time my truck is pulling good and hard I'm at 80+mph

I agree. It seems that I get the greatest pull sensation in 6th gear around 5500 RPM. I think that puts it close to 80 mph.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Breaking the 500 horse mark would be a nice way to set the Raptors apart from other vehicles since there are a ton of 400 HP engines out there. Hyundai even has a 400+ HP powerplant!

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. It seems that I get the greatest pull sensation in 6th gear around 5500 RPM. I think that puts it close to 80 mph.

To be fair I'm sure that is a fun sweet spot if I were blasting around a some sand dune. Sometimes I forget that's what this truck is designed to do.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 TrackHawk same motor as the TRX and with simple mods I am making over 1000 Crank HP not a car on the street can hang in drag race. same mods can be done to the TRX. my 2014 whipple Raptor has zero chance in a drag race.
I have a buddy with a gen 2 raptor fully modded and he just got a TRX and the fully modded gen 2 gets smoked by the stock TRX in a drag race. the interior of his TRX looks amazing. I almost went with the TRX but no matter what its not a Raptor and the raptor just looks so much better. Neither of us will do rock crawling or serious off roading we are more speed guys street or desert type stuff. We are on the last leg of big HP gas guzzlers so I would love for the gen 3 Raptor to have the mustang GT motor in it but it is what it is. I will get a Gen 3 and just hope I can swap it for the R if and when it comes out.
This will be the first time I dont mod a car/ truck/Suv but I know I will want the R so wont waste my money on mods. well just wheels lol.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love for the gen 3 Raptor to have the mustang GT motor in it but it is what it is.

Why do you want a less powerful, less efficient motor that was designed for high RPMs in a truck? The 5.0L is a revver. It’s why Ford used the 6.2L Boss in the Gen 1 vs. the Coyote.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do you want a less powerful, less efficient motor that was designed for high RPMs in a truck? The 5.0L is a revver. It’s why Ford used the 6.2L Boss in the Gen 1 vs. the Coyote.

Unless he’s talking about a properly tuned GT500 5.2 Predator engine. Supposedly this motor is the best guessed at to make it in the R.