Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

5.4 Edelbrock E Force supercharger

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by BentToast, Aug 2, 2010.

1. BentToast

BentToast FRF Addict

The 5.4 liters redeeming feature is its huge choice of mods. Now I feel sorry for 6.2 guys. This thing has a 3/36k warranty(optional) and will blow your truck away with almost 500 crank hp

2. pirate air

pirate air will plunder your booty Supporting Member

It's a great option/upgrade for 5.4 guys. But I don't feel sorry. Parts are going to run you close to 6,500 then you have to have a ASE master install if you want the warranty. At 70-90 bucks an hour x ten hours, there close to another grand with tax and shop supplies. I also think the warranty is just for the supercharger itself. I don't think it automatically means Ford will honer their powertrain warranty. So you might be up shit creek if you loose a rod or head gasket or whatever with that installed. Shortly the 6.2 will have its options too.

3. 6.2

6.2 Banned

that's awesome, saw an ad on tv but never thought it would be something like this, great looking product

4. Batman

Batman Full Access Member

Great looking product. They will have stuff out for the 6.2, it is just still to new. How many years has the 5.4 been out. I am glad I waiting on the 6.2.

5. BOJANGLES

BOJANGLES <span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp Supporting Member

don't feel sorry for me, bro. I'm very happy with my engine.

As for "blowing [our] truck away" that all changes when they release a supercharger for the 6.2. Then it's pretty much back to the original power difference.

Pirate Air's post makes good sense too...

but personally, I have very little interest in a supercharger for my truck anyway. I'm gonna go with mods that add naturally aspirated horsepower instead that are seemingly safer off-road, and I should be able to get in the neighborhood of 500hp without supercharging if I want to.

6. Raptorguy21

Raptorguy21 The Bob Vila of Trucks

Supercharger will bolt up for sure........but what about the tuning?

7. BentToast

BentToast FRF Addict

It comes with a tune thats supposedly been extreme weather and elevation tested to OEM standards. They say they have done everything to OEM standards. It also comes with hogh flow fuel injectors

8. pirate air

pirate air will plunder your booty Supporting Member

Wonder if they got it specifically tuned for the Raptor though? The kit Edelbrock has out now is intended for the standard 5.4 F150, right? So off road mode still needs to be addressed which I don't think anyone has accomplished yet.

9. Raptorguy21

Raptorguy21 The Bob Vila of Trucks

Exactly my point.......JDM has been able to tune with offroad mode parameters adjusted such has rev limit and governor, but for the most part they left it alone so it works properly......with a supercharger all the parameters will need to be adjusted otherwise when you go to flip over in the offroad mode and the timing\fuel maps are reset you could have a huge problem

10. BentToast

BentToast FRF Addict

If somebody here would contact Edelbrock and get a rep here that would be great. Whatever tuner cracks off road mode will have a big hit on thier hands.