5.2L Predator v8 Specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are working on a twin turbo Godzilla or a variant of a 7.3L, possibly a 6.8L. To answer your question they already have the Predator engine available, adding Nagasaki Noisy Boyz to a higher displacement V8 and achieving long term reliability would take considerable testing but it would decrease fuel consumption. Ford wants to go out with a bang on V8 supercharged engines to compete with the outgoing TRX or variant.

Here's what I think: I would dare say the fuel economy would be around 8-10mpg in town and maybe 14 mpg on the highway for the Predator in a Raptor body. The only time you may see 400 miles to E with a 36 gallon tank is leaving the dealership.

The advantage the Raptor R will have over the TRX or future Ram TRX Redeye is both weight and the ability to have RWD to 4WD or 4A vs the TRX is essentially AWD and that's a lot of mass to moving. I would also speculate the Raptor R would be easier to work on as it probably won't be as deep in the engine bay as the Hellcat motor.

The Predator in the GT500 takes 11.6 gallons of oil, I think a truck variant would have over 12 quarts or more especially if any of the coolers are increased in size. I would prefer a console shifter to a dial.
Where is there information indicating that a twin turbo 7.3 or 6.8 in development?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

So these specs come from the Predator already installed in the Shelby GT500s.

SpecificationPredator
Horsepower760 hp
Torque625 lb-ft
Compression Ratio9.51:1
Firing Order1-5-4-8-3-7-2-6
Bore94.0 mm
Stroke93.0 mm
Intake Valve Lift38.33 mm
Exhaust Valve Lift32.5 mm

And here are the gear ratios of the Tremec Dual Clutch

GearRatio
First3.14
Second2.05
Third1.43
Fourth1.10
Fifth0.86
Sixth0.68
Seventh0.56
Reverse2.76
Weight?????

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im also assuming that a big advantage to the R would be resale value. There will be no where near the numbers of R's being produced compared to how many TRX's there are. Also I can't imagine there will be many that will be sold at MSRP/Invoice or better.
I know that some people will buy the R to pickle it and put away for an investment. I didn't buy my TRX for investment purpose and I won't buy a R for that either (if I can get my hands on one). I buy them because they are enjoyable to drive and have fun in....I really don't care about resale value... because the experience of ownership and playing with it is priceless...:D TOY FOR BIG BOYS

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are working on a twin turbo Godzilla or a variant of a 7.3L, possibly a 6.8L. To answer your question they already have the Predator engine available, adding Nagasaki Noisy Boyz to a higher displacement V8 and achieving long term reliability would take considerable testing but it would decrease fuel consumption. Ford wants to go out with a bang on V8 supercharged engines to compete with the outgoing TRX or variant.

Here's what I think: I would dare say the fuel economy would be around 8-10mpg in town and maybe 14 mpg on the highway for the Predator in a Raptor body. The only time you may see 400 miles to E with a 36 gallon tank is leaving the dealership.

The advantage the Raptor R will have over the TRX or future Ram TRX Redeye is both weight and the ability to have RWD to 4WD or 4A vs the TRX is essentially AWD and that's a lot of mass to moving. I would also speculate the Raptor R would be easier to work on as it probably won't be as deep in the engine bay as the Hellcat motor.

The Predator in the GT500 takes 11.6 gallons of oil, I think a truck variant would have over 12 quarts or more especially if any of the coolers are increased in size. I would prefer a console shifter to a dial.
The million dollar question for me is, what are they going to/use for the drivetrain and tranny to withstand the demands for HP, Torque, tire size and stresses a truck inheritably puts on drivetrains . The other question is, will it have 2H ?

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The million dollar question for me is, what are they going to/use for the drivetrain and tranny to withstand the demands for HP, Torque, tire size and stresses a truck inheritably puts on drivetrains . The other question is, will it have 2H ?

The engine will be a V8. The slang term for transmission you used is offensive to me, I will need another beer to cope.

It will be either a modified version of the DCT or 10 speed. I'm sure it will be 2H and have 4L, 4H and 4A

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor R will have the 5.2 making 703-730 HP with a modified 10R80 Transmission. This is what my source is telling me. Very credible at that.