GEN 2 5.2 Supercharged GT 500 - just released 760 hp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will Ford sink development dollars into the current Raptor, already three years old, to engineer and produce a drivetrain that can handle the higher HP and torque ratings of a SC V8 engine?
The 10 speed should handle it. Same tranny is in the ZL-1 Camaro which is close in power to that GT500 (less power, but similar)

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
The 10 speed should handle it. Same tranny is in the ZL-1 Camaro which is close in power to that GT500 (less power, but similar)
Very good point! Also another point is, having all that horse power and the truck will be limited to 110 mph bc of the tires will suck. If you buy one, will the raptor assault have this motor available for the class? Will it be a separate class from the raptor assault bc of the motor? I've already told the truck manager at the dealership I bought my truck from that I want one when they come out with it.

OP
OP
Loufish

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
having all that horse power and the truck will be limited to 110 mph bc of the tires will suck.
Really?...how often are us owners doing the Max 107/108?....The extra power would be nice going up a long sand wash, or some of that bad-ass Baja silt...Don't get me wrong, I like to trip on up to triple digits at times, but hard to find the right place and time around here...

OP
OP
Loufish

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To compete against a fictional RAM truck?

If Ford goes the V8 route, I would expect it to be in the Gen3. (think 2022 or 2023) Might as well re-do the whole thing if you are re-engineering the engine/suspension and drivetrain

Gen III - so it gets longer rear travel (say up to 16") and sure enough some goober will complain because they dropped the tow rating another say 500 lbs..."What was Ford thinking?"....