GEN 2 5.2 Supercharged GT 500 - just released 760 hp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Loufish

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really do not think that Ford will put a V8 into this Raptor.
I agree...and yes what Ram does with the TRX and when will help Ford determine what to do....They way things are now it's not for certain that Ram will actually release the TRX....a change in the economy winds alone could de-rail the TRX....you never know...

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree...and yes what Ram does with the TRX and when will help Ford determine what to do....They way things are now it's not for certain that Ram will actually release the TRX....a change in the economy winds alone could de-rail the TRX....you never know...

ahhhh, pretty sure from the company that already puts a blown V8 in a ******** Jeep + has already dropped a V10 viper motor in a p/u (w/ stickshift of course) before there was any such thing as a Raptor + already offers the only HD level offroad pickup that they're not too squeamish about making ridiculous vehicles for the sake of it. If the economy slows MOPAR probably thinks that's all the more reason to do it in order to create more "brand awareness" lol

Dodge is alot of things - but they've shown the most willingness to bring the most outrageous vehicles from hyperbole to reality out of all the manufacturers. Ironically, they've also shown that they're sometimes clueless as how to best capitalize on the market for their products and/or the state of the economy, otherwise the VERY FIRST vehicle they should have MOPAR'd up would've been their most beloved - the Wrangler. The fact that they haven't put a hemi in that yet (but have produced a supercharged AWD grand cherokee lol) shows just how clueless they are.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And I thought the Raptor's stickers were insanely overpriced. $10k for racing stripes??? LOL

That's painted stripes, not stickers. Still way overpriced, but not a sticker. $1000 for the vinyl stripes. Fools and their money.

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they accidentally carried over the pricing for painted stripes from the FORD GT to the ford gt mustang :)

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will Ford sink development dollars into the current Raptor, already three years old, to engineer and produce a drivetrain that can handle the higher HP and torque ratings of a SC V8 engine?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think they have to.

Why???

To compete against a fictional RAM truck?

If Ford goes the V8 route, I would expect it to be in the Gen3. (think 2022 or 2023) Might as well re-do the whole thing if you are re-engineering the engine/suspension and drivetrain

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hennessy posted a vid last week of them swapping motors on the raptor. From what they're saying is everything works as oem . I know this is not the 5.2 . Would they come out with conversion kit? Idk but it shouldn't be long b4 someone puts it out. Everything bolts up already, just needs programming.