GEN 2 5.2 Supercharged GT 500 - just released 760 hp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 2014 GT500 had a MSRP starting at $55K. It had 662 HP. No way this is a $85K+ car, let alone $100K.

Gt350's start at $60K for the non-R models. Adding a blower and a fancy pants transmission upgrade ain't all THAT expensive.

I'll guess it'll start in the mid $70K range, optioning up to $80K. R models will be in the high $80K range.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2014 GT500 had a MSRP starting at $55K. It had 662 HP. No way this is a $85K+ car, let alone $100K.

Gt350's start at $60K for the non-R models. Adding a blower and a fancy pants transmission upgrade ain't all THAT expensive.

I'll guess it'll start in the mid $70K range, optioning up to $80K. R models will be in the high $80K range.

I think this is more in line with where it will cost. I just can't see Ford going from 55k on the 2014 to 100k. I would think mid 70's at the most for a base car (basically right in line with the Camaro ZL-1)

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is more in line with where it will cost. I just can't see Ford going from 55k on the 2014 to 100k. I would think mid 70's at the most for a base car (basically right in line with the Camaro ZL-1)

You guys stole my thunder... but I’ll repeat what you said anyway.

1) 2019 Mustang GT starts at $35k...GT350 starts at $59k.
About $25k difference.

2) 2019 Camaro SS starts at $37k... ZL1 starts at $62k. About $25k difference.

3) The GT500s goal is to one up the ZL1 and it will by just over 100hp. That said 100hp over the ZL1 wouldnt be worth another $25k... probably pushing it at $10-15k more.

4) The GT500 should have a starting MSRP of $70-75k. I wouldn't be surprised if their goal is just under $70k.

5) The dealer markups will add the $10-20k though... pushing the sale price of 2020s higher.

6) $80-100k for a Mustang just doesn’t make since. A GT with any blower (pick one) will make over 700hp for $7-10k more.

Last edited:

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Exactly- you can buy a hellcat for mid $70k range- why should this mustang be $100k? Particularly when you can get a ZL1 starting in low $60k range & a damn Z06 vette for mid/upper $70k (in actuality i found a deal on a leftover ‘18 M7 got the dealer down to $67k on a $78k sticker before buying the raptor) - and, no offense to Ford fanboys, regardless of what set of #s & letters they drop after the “Mustang GT” name- it is still a Mustang. It plays in the Camaro space, not the vette & even a Challenger hellcat I think carries a little more “panache” to the non-gearheard everyday crowd than a souped up mustang.

This isn’t a knock on the performance, same way seems a greater percentage of people believe Porsche is superior to a Corvette despite the fact that only their most exclusive expensive models can run with (sometimes beat & sometimes lose) the high end vettes. Just cuz it’s fast & has a ton of power doesn’t mean they can charge 6 figures for it

Of course, that’s not to say dealers aren’t going to Jack the prices up to that level anyhow just like when Raptors first came out each gen

wrek

Reaction score
I thin it will be the 5.2 without the supercharger that makes it to the Raptor. They will not want the Shelby Raptor to lose its luster and also Ford will want to let the GT500 be the most powerful Ford for a little while.

It makes sense.. keeps the Raptor price point.. offer an upgraded engine as an option (5.2).. and let people upgrade to the Hennessey, Whipple, Roush superchargers. Low risk for Ford, and customers will be happy because with the upgrades it will definitely be more then 707HP.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thin it will be the 5.2 without the supercharger that makes it to the Raptor. They will not want the Shelby Raptor to lose its luster and also Ford will want to let the GT500 be the most powerful Ford for a little while.

It makes sense.. keeps the Raptor price point.. offer an upgraded engine as an option (5.2).. and let people upgrade to the Hennessey, Whipple, Roush superchargers. Low risk for Ford, and customers will be happy because with the upgrades it will definitely be more then 707HP.
That would make almost zero sense. First thing would the 5.2 V8 NA really be an upgrade (except sound wise) from the HOEB? The 5.2 in the GT350 has more horsepower, but lower TQ. I would say that those tow engines are on par with each other. Also Ford has no interest in protecting the Shelby Raptor, that is purely aftermarket equipment besides selling the base Raptor to Shelby does not benefit Ford at all.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If they're not going with forced induction, then they will use the new 7.3. No way they will use a NA 5.2.