GEN 2 5.2 engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of any issues with the SC 5.2 engine? Hoping this is the new engine or at least an option in the next gen. Would be nice to have the option EB or V8, would make everyone happy. Road and Track seems to think the 5.2 will happen.

93fac4be932dc2c64853ae844a732896.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Click bait. Gotta sell them magazines.
You think? Motor trend, road and track are usually pretty reliable aren’t they?

Really hoping for an engine option. EB base and then 5.2 at a premium...I’d be willing to pay 6-8k for the v8 option. Plus it’ll make everyone happy, those who think the EB is better and the V8 guys who think there is no replacement for displacement.
Win win

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think? Motor trend, road and track are usually pretty reliable aren’t they?

Really hoping for an engine option. EB base and then 5.2 at a premium...I’d be willing to pay 6-8k for the v8 option. Plus it’ll make everyone happy, those who think the EB is better and the V8 guys who think there is no replacement for displacement.
Win win

Ford doesn't think that way. They're looking towards the future, not past. They figure if you want a big V8, you'll buy a Shelby Mustang. That's next on my list after the Raptor.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford doesn't think that way. They're looking towards the future, not past. They figure if you want a big V8, you'll buy a Shelby Mustang. That's next on my list after the Raptor.

When I am longing for the awesome sounds of a V8 with a manual trans, I crank up my GT350 VooDoo and take it for a spirited run on the back roads. :cool:

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I am longing for the awesome sounds of a V8 with a manual trans, I crank up my GT350 VooDoo and take it for a spirited run on the back roads. :cool:

Been looking at both the 350 and 500. Have you driven both? Wondering how much of a difference there is?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, they upgraded the 10 speed tranny so far to handle more power, so we'll see.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been looking at both the 350 and 500. Have you driven both? Wondering how much of a difference there is?

I have not driven a 500 because I know I would probably make an irrational financial decision... ;)

I bought the 350 after selling my Viper when I wanted a modern muscle car with a V8/manual. It ticks all of the boxes and is much more comfortable to drive than I expected. The 500 definitely has its place with 760 HP, but I am not convinced I will like the DSG. Dealers are getting top dollar for them (ADM) and will continue to do so now the 350 has ended production at the end of 2020.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not driven a 500 because I know I would probably make an irrational financial decision... ;)

I bought the 350 after selling my Viper when I wanted a modern muscle car with a V8/manual. It ticks all of the boxes and is much more comfortable to drive than I expected. The 500 definitely has its place with 760 HP, but I am not convinced I will like the DSG. Dealers are getting top dollar for them (ADM) and will continue to do so now the 350 has ended production at the end of 2020.

And for my first the 350 should do me fine and looks like will be somewhat of a bargain. :)