5.0 V8 swap into the 2017 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who has the ultimate v8 swap kit now?, it looks like hennessy is the only one with half a brain left, as they are the only one who has done a legitimate swap in the whole world. Paxton uses a base model f150 with a v8 to make their v8 Ford Raptor..I have the Ford wiring diagrams, but failed to even bypass the rear locker unit...im not going to be able to install this Coyote Motor....oh **** George hand me the cutting torch...Bob grab that big ass pry bar....here we go!!throttle pinit

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who has the ultimate v8 swap kit now?, it looks like hennessy is the only one with half a brain left, as they are the only one who has done a legitimate swap in the whole world. Paxton uses a base model f150 with a v8 to make their v8 Ford Raptor..I have the Ford wiring diagrams, but failed to even bypass the rear locker unit...im not going to be able to install this Coyote Motor....oh **** George hand me the cutting torch...Bob grab that big ass pry bar....here we go!!throttle pinit
Hennessy is very reputable, I'm sure they don't take any shortcuts and screw their customer.(sarcasm) I wouldn't be surprised if the removed the check engine fuses or blacked them out so not to display the plethora of problems they encounter. They seem to be social engineers above performance engineers.

Mikee Martin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hennessy is very reputable, I'm sure they don't take any shortcuts and screw their customer.(sarcasm) I wouldn't be surprised if the removed the check engine fuses or blacked them out so not to display the plethora of problems they encounter. They seem to be social engineers above performance engineers.
You are definitely correct about the types of engineering going on there...but the Raptor will cry like a baby if any wire is remotely connected incorrectly. It starts flashing a large ikon on the screen "hill decent error","traction fault"...not just the little light..makes it real scary to plug and pull or yank and crank inside the cabin..or engine bay.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There have been a few companies that have done them now, for people with deep pockets who want a v8 supercharged in a newer raptor. Aftermarket HQ in Vegas has done it, ADD did it awhie back as well, I'm sure there are other companies, that I don't follow. The last place I would go is to Hennessey, but that's just me.

Mikee Martin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There have been a few companies that have done them now, for people with deep pockets who want a v8 supercharged in a newer raptor. Aftermarket HQ in Vegas has done it, ADD did it awhie back as well, I'm sure there are other companies, that I don't follow. The last place I would go is to Hennessey, but that's just me.
I agree with not allowing Hennessey to work on my truck..haha you know they wouldn't touch my truck..I am going to check out these installs you are talking about, I have not seen any but Hennessey minus people using a f150 with a v8.thanks

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with not allowing Hennessey to work on my truck..haha you know they wouldn't touch my truck..I am going to check out these installs you are talking about, I have not seen any but Hennessey minus people using a f150 with a v8.thanks
There were quite a few pictures posted on Aftermarkets HQ's FB a few months ago and before, don't remember anything very recent, but it might even be found on google, lol.