5.0 V8 swap into the 2017 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much it would cost to put a 5.0 L coyote motor in a 2012 f150 raptor svt

At least a couple hundred

I mean, it shouldn’t cost more than 3 pints of beer. You, plus 3 other dudes and maybe a hoist and you should be able to heft it right into the bed no problem.
Same cost as a Gen 2.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
These make me laugh! All the Gen 2 guys rave on the threads about how great the v6tt is gonna be. Yet thread after thread of when the motor will be a v8 or how to swap to a v8. The v6tt is just that, a damn v6. Why would anyone, no matter how rich, by a 70k truck and then under take such a huge swap with so many unknown variables? The better option to me seems to be drive our Gen 1 and let Gen 2's sit on the lot. Ford will figure it then and make the swap for us.
ALL OF THEM LOL. yeah everyone want your 10 yr old 6.2 too bad the ttv6 is a better engine for 99%of people; better torq, mileage, tech, suspension.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
ALL OF THEM LOL. yeah everyone want your 10 yr old 6.2 too bad the ttv6 is a better engine for 99%of people; better torq, mileage, tech, suspension.
Dude? Why do we care? The less latte sipping, posuers in the market for Raptors, the more are available for people who will actually drive them off road, and the less expensive they are for the clientele who will actually appreciate the Raptor for something besides starbucks parking lot domination.