4WD drive noise IWE actuators scraping noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

What? You’re going off the deep end. This is in no way a safety issue and therefore a recall is irrelevant.

Yeah, I don't think Ford really cares that much about safety after the fact unless they are pushed to do it. Why doesn't Ford recall the issue on GEN1 for the Fuse 27? That is a safety issue when your truck dies on the highway with traffic or going around a corner and you lose power steering all of sudden. Wonder how many people need to die before any auto manufacture will take things serious.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think Ford really cares that much about safety after the fact unless they are pushed to do it. Why doesn't Ford recall the issue on GEN1 for the Fuse 27? That is a safety issue when your truck dies on the highway with traffic or going around a corner and you lose power steering all of sudden. Wonder how many people need to die before any auto manufacture will take things serious.

I think the number is 124.. at least that's how many people died because of GMs ignition scandal.

OP
OP
DeaThomas

DeaThomas

Reaction score
I don't line any Lawyers pockets. So why doesn't Ford take care of this issue? Why does the dealership try everything they can to keep me from leaving my Raptor for repair. I'm really sick of consumers being screwed over. They need a disclosure statement on every new vehicle that list the common problems the vehicles have. I have every right to use the law to remedy what Ford and there dealerships will not. If it's such a easy fix. They should do it before they sell them. They don't have the desire to do it. One of the reasons they will fail. They need to get back to doing business right.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't line any Lawyers pockets. So why doesn't Ford take care of this issue? Why does the dealership try everything they can to keep me from leaving my Raptor for repair. I'm really sick of consumers being screwed over. They need a disclosure statement on every new vehicle that list the common problems the vehicles have. I have every right to use the law to remedy what Ford and there dealerships will not. If it's such a easy fix. They should do it before they sell them. They don't have the desire to do it. One of the reasons they will fail. They need to get back to doing business right.

Ford has taken care of the issue; with yours being a 2019, you already have the updated calibration and check valve. That doesn’t mean the system will never have any other issue, it just means that the pattern issue was identified and corrected. Ford also released a TSB for the 2018 and older models to resolve the concern.

Stop watching clickbait YouTube videos and getting yourself all wound up. I also suggest reading your owners manual, which explains the warranty and the manufacturer’s responsibility to repair your vehicle in the event that a defect exists.

What have you done since your last post 5 days ago? Did you contact Ford corporate and request assistance as I recommended?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeaThomas

DeaThomas

Reaction score
After 30 days at shop with nothing done it made that awful noise All the way home. I got lawyer and filed claim with Ford. I have video if anyone wants to see it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After 30 days at shop with nothing done it made that awful noise All the way home. I got lawyer and filed claim with Ford. I have video if anyone wants to see it.

How did the dealer have it for 30 days with nothing being done? What does the RO say?