4TT Bumpers Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First, I want to give kudos to Aaron from 4 The Truck. From my initial contact inquiring about their bumpers all the way through delivery, Aaron kept me constantly updated. I venture to say he called me no fewer than 10 times!

I ordered the bumpers on 21 December and they were delivered to my house on 25 January. Included in that 5 weeks were the Christmas and New Year's breaks as well as a change from the original front bumper to their newly released Rebel 44 front bumper. Aaron contacted me in early January to tell me that it had been approved for production and asked if I wanted to change my order to the new design. Same price, just a few days delay for it to be produced.

Here is how well they were wrapped and palleted for shipping. With the exception of a slight scuff on one corner, everything arrived in excellent condition. They were strapped to the pallet but I had already cut the straps before taking the picture.

IMG_0381_zps8dbf6b1e.jpg

Here is the front one unwrapped. It mounts up to the existing bumper and skid plate mounts.

IMG_0382_zps294229f3.jpg
IMG_0383_zpsaaec1019.jpg
IMG_0385_zps159e4e9b.jpg

This is a good shot of the frame horn covers that Aaron mentioned in his product release thread.

IMG_0386_zps212693d0.jpg

And the rear.

IMG_0403_zps354c4d10.jpg
IMG_0405_zps973dc7b4.jpg
IMG_0406_zpse78d1c9e.jpg

Installation was fairly straight forward with new hardware provided for the front and reusing existing hardware in the rear. The only issue I had was getting enough upward adjustment on the front bumper. With the frame horn covers the way they are, they hit the bottom protrusions of the frame horns and limits the upward movement. I solved this by cutting a small piece off of the bottoms of each frame horn. This is just some extra material in front of the welds of the truck bumper mounts that serves no purpose. It was just something that I did to allow me to close the gap between the bumper and the facia under the grille. It was just a short excursion that took less time than it took for the touch up paint to dry.

IMG_0397_zps9056e436.jpg

The original hood release mounting bracket is removed and gets mounted to the mount on the bumper.

IMG_0413_zpsb5a93340.jpg
IMG_0414_zpsf77628db.jpg

All in all, I'm extremely pleased with the entire process from order to installation. I really like the front bumper but the rear is a bit larger that I would like. I'm sure it will grow on me in time though.

IMG_0426_zps73c0c581.jpg
IMG_0427_zpsa26bcfd6.jpg
IMG_0430_zps2dddd55c.jpg
IMG_0434_zps0b5f166c.jpg
IMG_0436_zpsa560b01a.jpg
IMG_0416_zps02432b2e.jpg

4thetruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glenn - Looks great on your Raptor!! Thanks for posting up pictures!! Let me know if there's anything else I can help you out with!!

-Aaron

Utraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4The Truck, I see you have a bumper on EBay with Light bar, I emailed you last night about some information on it. Haven't got a response yet and looks like it ends soon.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great fit..great look for the truck...the match of the front and rear is really cool...what a great mod..

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great!

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

That rear bumper is my favorite.

MasterChief

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't see the backup sensors. Do they go back on?

I think the rear would look good with the dimple holes like the front.

Question for Aaron: would it be possible to mount a winch with two small spot lights instead of the 20" light bar? Or would this require some design modifications?

4thetruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't see the backup sensors. Do they go back on?

I think the rear would look good with the dimple holes like the front.

Question for Aaron: would it be possible to mount a winch with two small spot lights instead of the 20" light bar? Or would this require some design modifications?

The backup sensors can be used with our bumper, we just need to know prior to purchase so we can make cut outs.

If you're interested in purchasing a rear bumper we can definitely incorporate some dimple dies in the plating if that's what you'd like.

I've had to make a revision regarding a winch on the "4TT" and "Rebel-44" bumper. Unfortunately, the winch will only work right now with the new "Revolver" bumper. I should have that bumper listed on our website later on today. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me on here or give me a call: 702-434-9274.

Aaron Klock
Sales
4 THE TRUCK CUSTOMS & ACCESSORIES
7585 Commercial Way Ste. A
Henderson, NV 89011
(702) 434-9274
e: [email protected]
w: Home - 4 The Truck Customs & Accessories in Las Vegas 4 The Truck
Like Us on FaceBook!