GEN 2 4Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any true AT tire is gonna be compromised on the street. "Better" tires - like what, the Toyo R888Rs I just picked up for my vette? Think I should have em heat cycled for the Raptor too LoL!!!

Imagine how funny that would look though for a second....on 24"s bahahhahaha
Well I can tell you the Cooper AT3 XLT are infinitely better on road than the KO2s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Well I can tell you the Cooper AT3 XLT are infinitely better on road than the KO2s.

The thing about putting new, different brand / type of tires on is that you’re directly comparing worn, sometimes shagged, old tires with new tires. A lot of times the new tire, regardless of brand is going to subjectively “feel” better.

Maybe the Cooper is better than the stock KO2, maybe it isn’t. Without some context and data, it’s hard to give subjective evaluations credibility. Maybe you’ve done this, but just the assertion ‘brand x is better’ isn’t really much to go on.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also run 4A in most wet conditions or very cold ambient temp regardless of precipitation. Giving full power in 2wd in these trucks even in stock form your spinning in motion more than you realize - simultaneously hurting acceleration & tire wear. So a big reason I run in 4A is to prevent uneven tire wear when I’m getting on it in dry conditions + actually be able to use all the power.

combo of fat soft wide tires + soft as puppy poo suspension + boatload of TQ very low = recipe for spinning w/o even noticing

I was going to ask about tire wear, and this answers my question nicely. Like others, I run 2H normally, 4A with weather...but will give 4A normally a try to see what I think.

How is MPG effected?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was going to ask about tire wear, and this answers my question nicely. Like others, I run 2H normally, 4A with weather...but will give 4A normally a try to see what I think.

How is MPG effected?
Doesn’t seem to effect it at all that I can tell tbh

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem to effect it at all that I can tell tbh

I would say since the rear gets all the power, until the system detects slippage at the rear and diverts power to the front wheels as needed. You shouldn’t see significant to much loss in mpg. Unless your constantly losing traction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free