4A Binding VS Tire Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Costco does have a tendency to air up to a higher pressure than what I run. The only great thing about Costco is that they air your tires up with Nitrogen at no charge.

Mark

OP
OP
J

jfiu873hn2nm

Reaction score
I run typically higher than stock air pressures for added fuel economy but I think 42 is a bit much. I run 38 in front and 36 in back with no issues but I definitely air down before going off road. Careful running over stock air pressures for extended periods as from experience this causes the center of each tire to wear out faster

Thanks, motivated me to pull out the thermal camera to attempt to optimize shoulder and inner wear. Will post some vids/pic if i get some time and good weather to test this weekend.

will identify front to rear ratio based on equalizing rev per mile front to rear in forscan and see how that turns out for the front to rear tire pressure differential since I run with empty bed.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
will identify front to rear ratio based on equalizing rev per mile front to rear in forscan and see how that turns out for the front to rear tire pressure differential since I run with empty bed.

You can also sprinkle baby powder on the driveway and lower pressure until the tread picks it up equally.

OP
OP
J

jfiu873hn2nm

Reaction score
is there a technical description/spec sheet for the viscous transfer case allowing 4A mode for gen 2?
In 4A, what is the allowed continuous difference in rotation speed between front and rear that the unit can handle without damage? Or is the controller capable of handling that slip at any tire pressure difference?​

It sounds like one answer is zero difference is allowed in rpm front to back, however that is may not be the only answer. Or not knowing is ok too.