40s Tires Breakdown. Which is the best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In a search for new tires i start to see there are common goto's but am curious after looking at so many different brands why someone would go with one over another..

im looking to run 40s so that severely limits the selection but so far here is my comparative chart of which is best. So far i think its say to just out the Toyo due to weight but then why do so many race trucks run them?

im newly intrigued by the mickey thompsons... that is a lot of tread a almost true to size 40 and comes in relatively "light" but then after having run the bfg km3 39s is an extra 20lbs a wheel really worth the extra 1.2 inch of diameter?

My application is even road/offroad use

i would consider the BFG kr2/3 but have heard not the greatest reviews for the half on road time.

upload_2021-4-1_9-31-41.png

the MT BAJA Pro...
mtt-41481_xl.jpg

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In a search for new tires i start to see there are common goto's but am curious after looking at so many different brands why someone would go with one over another..

im looking to run 40s so that severely limits the selection but so far here is my comparative chart of which is best. So far i think its say to just out the Toyo due to weight but then why do so many race trucks run them?

im newly intrigued by the mickey thompsons... that is a lot of tread a almost true to size 40 and comes in relatively "light" but then after having run the bfg km3 39s is an extra 20lbs a wheel really worth the extra 1.2 inch of diameter?

My application is even road/offroad use

i would consider the BFG kr2/3 but have heard not the greatest reviews for the half on road time.

View attachment 165030

the MT BAJA Pro...
mtt-41481_xl.jpg

Not running 40’s but do have some experience with mickey Thompson’s.

I had the baja ATZ’s on my 06 ram. Had them for about 47,000 miles basically all on road) and they had about 30-40% tread left.

I have the baja ATZ P3’s on the raptor and they are doing well. They have about 8,000 on them with about 750-1000 offroad. They have been through lots of different terrains and I don’t have any complaints.

I think MT is looking to release an ATZ variant on April 6th, so may want to check that out, not sure if they will have it in a 40 though.