$40k gen 1 or 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hburgrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings all,

Been watching the forum and the market for a few months now. Lots of great info on both models here.

Ive deleted this question a few times out of fear of starting a g1 vs g2 war, but I think its a fair question since its no longer hypothetical.

I set a national car search for Raptors on CarGurus and 17’s are starting to show up in the price range of the 13/14s.

If you were spending $40k, you gonna pick the 2017 with 80-90k miles or the 2014 with 40-50k miles?

My usage would be a daily driver with a couple of trips to rausch creek a year with the kids. Far from any real abuse. If the stars aligned one day id like nothing more than attending a snoball.

Regards,

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a 17 with 80k miles for 40k? Are you 100% sure? If that’s the case, I’d imagine the truck would be extremely rough.

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 2 if you can swing it. Newer tech and more features.

Although realistically, you'd be looking for $50k + for any decent Gen 2. All others priced lower would be either with very high mileage or pretty beat up, or some issues that sellers didn't disclose. People wouldn't sell below market for no reason.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting - I'd like to see pics of the interior, but exterior doesn't look too bad. If it checks out, it's hard to pass this one up for a gen 1.

I posted more examples in the "will a V8 in the Gen 3 kill Gen 1 resale values?" thread.

The loaded up 2014s are going for the same money as loaded up 2017s, even with the same 50K-ish miles on both.