40" RC arc install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14PaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, newb here who is also an electrical moron. Mounted a 40" rough country arc lightbar in my venom r bumper. Im good with wiring the upfitters & passthrough wires but dont know what is needed with the wiring harness that comes with the light. Obviously, the switch is not needed but do i need the relay & the fuse that came with it? From what ive tried to follow on here, am i able to cut all that off & power into passthough wire and ground it wherever i can? Thanks for any help & sorry if this has been covered somewhere.

Attachments

• 20180528_160621.jpg
    20180528_160621.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 49

R3B3L

Reaction score
I just installed a 20" RC LED bar in my ADD Venom Bumper. I cut the relay, fuse, and switch off of the harness. Just ground the black (-) to an existing point near the light and run the red (+) to the pass-thru. The upfitter switches are wired with the necessary fuse and relay. I would doublecheck your amperage draw on the light to determine which switch would be best suited to use.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a 20" RC LED bar in my ADD Venom Bumper. I cut the relay, fuse, and switch off of the harness. Just ground the black (-) to an existing point near the light and run the red (+) to the pass-thru. The upfitter switches are wired with the necessary fuse and relay. I would doublecheck your amperage draw on the light to determine which switch would be best suited to use.

No you cannot do this with a 40 inch bar.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Awesome. Thanks for the info

DO NOT DO THAT. You need to wire in a relay if you have a gen2 truck. Your highest rated upfitter switch is only 15 amps and your light bar pulls 20.

240(W) / 12(v) = 20 (AMPS)

OP
OP
14PaRaptor

14PaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a gen 1. I was going to put it on #1. Isnt that 20 amp? I cant remember.

OP
OP
14PaRaptor

14PaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Success. Thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 38