40" Bulldog on the bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not one to start threads, but figured I'd throw this on. I don't know why these guys aren't better known other than they might need better P.R. folks. (or maybe they are and I need to get out more)Chime in if you know anything about them, but all they are American made, have good tech help, and ship quickly. I put it side by side with another ever popular brand to see that these have better powder coating, equal quality optics, and wiring is nicer. Oh, did I mention they are about half the price? I had a few of the other R lights on my '10 and didn't have the best luck with them, especially for the money spent. I am by no means a lighting expert, far from it, but this thing kicks ass. I like the hidden mounts, they are plenty strong and look very slick. I guess we will see how they do long term, but they're great so far.

Attachments

• 3-4 resize.jpg
    3-4 resize.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 344
  • 3-4 resize 2.jpg
    3-4 resize 2.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 323
  • 3-4 resize 3.jpg
    3-4 resize 3.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 308
  • 3-4 resize 5.jpg
    3-4 resize 5.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 302
  • 3-4 resize 4.jpg
    3-4 resize 4.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 308

cstunkard

Reaction score
That looks great. Mounts nice and close to the grill.
Interested to see the impact on the front camera view.

OP
OP
shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here is the mount they use. It integrates into the casting of the light housing and works with stainless hardware they provide. It's a pretty slick setup, you can run as many of these mounts as you want.

Attachments

• bulldog mount.jpg
    bulldog mount.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any advice on drilling through bumper? Can bumper be left in place or did you have to remove it. I just hate idea of drilling through the bumper if you decide you don't like the light or want to change things up later.

OP
OP
shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drilling the bumper is easy, just remove the lower grill to access the nuts and washers. You had better be real sure you like the light or you're gonna be living with some holes in your bumper!

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you find the Bulldog for light output? I think that looks awesome, it matches the lines of the truck better than the fog light ones on some of the other threads.

Have you seen a BD Onx6 bar to compare it to for light output? I've run two Onx6's on my other truck, one 38" and one 40" in Combo/Driving and they both died due to moisture intrusion! But ******* are they bright. I have a Rigid E-series that has lasted right next to the BD bars since new and is still going strong, but the light output is like 10-20% compared to the BD's when it should be 50% (Rigid is a 20" vs the 40" Baja Designs).