4 SALE : 2013 OEM HID Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reptar you are right! I did have a chance to finally see them in person and was disappointed at how cheap they looked. The F150 part which cheapens it even more could be cut off, I think? I wonder if the bezel around the projector can be changed as it just does not look right?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah the bezel looks very cheapy being molded into the housing like that. I think a little ducati paint work would make them look 1,000,000xs better and how they should have come from Ford!

Now....where to find little SVT emblems that could be placed over the f-150 one in the bucket, really give it a special touch over a regular f150!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think paint is going to change much as you can get them all blacked out anyway for the FX4. I was thinking the same about an SVT emblem or Raptor emblem to hide the F150, not sure why Ford was so proud to put F150 inside the light.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the f-150 detail is cool, on a regular f150 it's a nice feature. on a raptor it's just kind of a blah one since all the other emblems on the truck were upgraded.

I haven't seen close up pics of the black ones, are they a flat black plastic style or shiny? Even still, I think 2 toning them with black trim and gray buckets (similar to how the regular f150 one is chrome trim with gray buckets) would add a much higher end look to them. Then add in tuxedo black for the trim so it matches the wheels, even classier!

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The F150 detail is more then fine. First and foremost, the raptor is an F150. Also, if it said SVT or Raptor, that would make it too tacky with all the other SVT and Raptor stuff on the truck. Too much is too much.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not that I dislike them I just think that they have room for improvements.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thats what were here for - talk about what we like and dislike. Not hating - just sayin!

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they just say F-150. If they said SVT or Raptor I would definitely second think about getting them. But since they just say F-150, and the all-gray, they just look really cheap in person to me. The shape/design looks awesome, the plane jane color just kills it for me. The 2010-2012 lights at least had black trim with the chrome buckets. These should have been black trim with gray buckets, or something to make them look a little less solid-plastic block looking, or at very least an SVT badge in them instead of regular f150.

I can't wait to see what ducati does with some modded versions of them, they have a ton of potential!

Couple pics attached. The raptor ones all solid gray just look cheapie to me. The regular f150 ones with 2 tone chrome and gray look much more high-end. Not fitting scheme for a raptor, but more of a fitting level of detail for $50k!

Exactly what I been mentioning here lately as well, glad I'm not the only one to speak out, lol. I don't understand though, when I had heard that Ford matched the grill on these new HIDs.....I was like, I sure hope they painted the grill black bc that's the one thing everyone didn't care for too much, "How the grill looks plastic". Its not just that "plastic look" I dislike..... The MAIN ChaNge that turns me away from the 13s, That dang SIDE AMBER REFLECTOR being SQUARE! Even painted, IT'S A SQUARE. I know everything else can be painted so. Looking at the truck, I think from the front the 13's give the truck a smaller LOOK. Just due to the new design and from the side, not as aggressive looking bc of the square.
Not to mention performance PLUS costs if you were to try and start comparing (purchasing 13's +Different projectors COMPARABLE to fxr/ls460/RX+paint+Morimoto led ring).

Anxious to see what Ducati comes up with in the years to come

Last edited:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol funny you mention that about the reflector. I did think it was a little cheesy being just a square piece of amber too.