4 months without any update for 2023 35 gen3. who else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt3rsr

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I ordered a Gen3 35 raptor and get the email confirmation in 10/12.
It has 801A and 17inch beadlock wheel. Changed the color from black to azure gray in January.
I received the second email on 12/7 saying I have to keep waiting and they gonna keep me posted for every 45 days but so far I haven't heard anything from ford.
I didn't get a vin, no production date and no update for 4 mos. Did anyone have the same issue? What's the typical wait-time for the gen3? Is it possible that my order will be converted to 2024 eventually?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately you can never tell. there is nothing preventing a dealer from placing an order allocation or not. even if you got all the emails so far doesn't mean your dealer actually had an allocation. so you'll have to wait until ford issues an allocation to that dealer to pick up that order. who knows maybe they have a lot of customers they did the same too.

but you could be fine. the dealer could have an actual allocation and its just the waiting game for ford to pick it up.

its hard to say. if you can trust the dealer than its on fords end.

bottom line is that no vin no truck. If it was me id search ford site for inventory. and snatch one up. the market is changing and you should be able to find a 35 for msrp. or extremely close.

OP
OP
G

gt3rsr

Reaction score
unfortunately you can never tell. there is nothing preventing a dealer from placing an order allocation or not. even if you got all the emails so far doesn't mean your dealer actually had an allocation. so you'll have to wait until ford issues an allocation to that dealer to pick up that order. who knows maybe they have a lot of customers they did the same too.

but you could be fine. the dealer could have an actual allocation and its just the waiting game for ford to pick it up.

its hard to say. if you can trust the dealer than its on fords end.

bottom line is that no vin no truck. If it was me id search ford site for inventory. and snatch one up. the market is changing and you should be able to find a 35 for msrp. or extremely close.
a dealer can place an order for me without having actual allocation?

raptorzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I ordered a Gen3 35 raptor and get the email confirmation in 10/12.
It has 801A and 17inch beadlock wheel. Changed the color from black to azure gray in January.
I received the second email on 12/7 saying I have to keep waiting and they gonna keep me posted for every 45 days but so far I haven't heard anything from ford.
I didn't get a vin, no production date and no update for 4 mos. Did anyone have the same issue? What's the typical wait-time for the gen3? Is it possible that my order will be converted to 2024 eventually?
Similar to me, never received any updates until the day it arrived at the dealer, got a phone call. Dont wanna bring ur hopes up, try contacting ur dealer directly for updates maybe?
Good luck :)

OP
OP
G

gt3rsr

Reaction score
Similar to me, never received any updates until the day it arrived at the dealer, got a phone call. Dont wanna bring ur hopes up, try contacting ur dealer directly for updates maybe?
Good luck :)
emm how long did you wait from the day you placed the order?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes they can had it happened to me. ordered a 22 in dec. of 21'. they told me they had an allocation. got the confirmation from ford accepting the order and still from time to time I still get an email saying be patient. I never gave them a deposit so I never told them that I don't want the truck. still no truck and still no allocation. never got switched to a 23 and obviously won't be switched to a 24'. thank goodness I found a 21' in jan of 22. never looked back. they obviously never had said allocation.

OP
OP
G

gt3rsr

Reaction score
Absolutely. Likely the case for most people who have been waiting a while without a VIN.
Its confusing to me cuz how the order can get into ford's order bank if the dealer have no allocation. By doing so, a dealer can collect as many deposit as possible by claiming they can offer raptor r,37, shelby allocations.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s confusing to me cuz how the order can get into ford's order bank if the dealer have no allocation. By doing so, a dealer can collect as many deposit as possible by claiming they can offer raptor r,37, shelby allocations.
Yes. And even more confusing is that the allocation amount can change.