4-Low Hill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
The other day we ran Powerline Ridge for the first time and it turned out to be a Fantastic Trail. The Views, The Osprey and Solitude were worth the effort. The Trail climbed up and down the Ridge Line, in and out of some deep washes with some “interesting” spots.
The entire Trail, in the Desert portion was around 30miles total. The “Tight Fit” and 4-Low hill actually required some concentration and attention to wheel placement.
4-Low hill presented the most challenge, so much so, that at first glance, I debated turning around and returning to the Trailhead. We only had about 5miles left to get back to the hardball, but it was getting late and a Self-Rescue would inevitably have been done in the dark. I’m afraid of the dark, that’s why I have 10 flashlights and 12 headlamps :pepper:
The pictures of course are not a very good representation of the obstacle:(
Looking at the pictures you might think what “Skinny Jeans, Manny-Bun, Latte Sipping, Lame-Azzz Off-Roader” would consider that “Challenging?”
Curb hopping at Sams Club looks more challenging :anitoof::buttkick:
My wife said “We aren’t going up that, are We??” I said no, we aren’t, I am snd your spotting while taking a few pictures :console:She hates when she has to be the spotter…lol
The issue was that is was 10 degrees with serious ruts that would high center you if you slid in them and the last step would catch the frame. Rather than use the MAXTRAX for the step, I built a rock step that would allow me to clear without hanging up.
In the end it was a “Walk in the Desert” The wife didn’t get any action shots because she was to focused on spotting me…lol She couldn’t believe how easy the Raptor made it look. What an Amazing, Stock, out of the Box, Off-roading Fun Machine..F29CEA3A-E31B-4172-A844-948FE1BC2967.jpeg82889E36-6A12-40D2-97FF-4B229FB905F9.jpeg0FA48C7E-9FE8-44A2-B6E6-022C724432AA.jpeg5FEDC53F-959A-4001-B3CF-3B4A04EB5B26.jpeg49341916-A726-46F0-9A3F-FCD2157A0E0A.jpeg