4 Baja squadron pro kit or the S8 30’ bar ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the snow thing a problem with the headlights too? Ive never had LED headlights before.

I'm glad you posted this question OP. I am literally on the fence between an S8 kit behind the grill or the Pro or even unlimited BD kit in the bumper.

I wonder if the unlimited BD bumper kit vs the Pro would just be too long of a throw. I live in the middle of nowhere on windy back roads where deer are usually having a rave in the middle of the road around every other corner.

Hey, I am in winchester also and have not have a problem down here. Only place I have the problems is in Michigan. :)

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the snow thing a problem with the headlights too? Ive never had LED headlights before.

I'm glad you posted this question OP. I am literally on the fence between an S8 kit behind the grill or the Pro or even unlimited BD kit in the bumper.

I wonder if the unlimited BD bumper kit vs the Pro would just be too long of a throw. I live in the middle of nowhere on windy back roads where deer are usually having a rave in the middle of the road around every other corner.

If you are willing to spend the money on the unlimited kit, I would instead recommend getting the 30" S8 for the upper grill and 10" Onx6 Hi-Power for the lower grill. Those two together, adjusted correctly, offer so much combined near and distant light. That's the best bang for your buck in my opinion, plus they have a little built in security being behind the grills.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here in NY I have LEDs all over, never had an issue with snow. I run my own brand of LED Conversion Kits in my headlights, no issues at all. I sell a TON of LED Conversion kits to Canada, no issues reported yet.

LED's do generate heat actually, but not as much as halogen bulbs will. I never had ice build up whiel driving in the 2 winters I've had the truck so far.

In fact the last time it snowed I left the truck running to warm it up and turned some of my LED light bars on... it melted the snow around them.

The unlimited kit is the best kit. I'd recommend getting a set of amber lenses to go with them so you can put them in for bad weather (I know Baja used to market the ambers but for some reason went back to all clear lenses). I think a lot of my customers actually order amber lenses to go along with the kits.

I'll even throw in a free pair of amber lenses (now through Christmas) on any Sportsmen/Pro/Unlimited kit purchased on our site (just contact me directly for the free lenses PRIOR to placing the order so I don't forget to have it picked/packed that way - I have full stock on the kits/lenses).

I love my amber lenses on my OnX6 40" Dual Control bar. It's my favorite light on my entire truck (and I have over $6k in Baja Designs lighting)

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I screwed around and didn't buy during the Black Friday event so now I'm going to end up paying more money if I end up buying something now.

I'm leaning towards the BD pro or unlimited kit because I can angle the outer lights to get good wide coverage to try to keep the money down to a "reasonable" level.