4.10 Electronic Locking Rear Diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I ordered a gen2 SCAB 801A and the window sticker said "4.10 Electronic Lock RR Axle" under "Optional Equipment/Other". I picked up my truck on Saturday, and I saw that the round dial for the 4x4 settings had a button in the center with the diff locker button in the center. But when I pressed it, it gave me a message saying "Not Available". WTF! I tried stopping and hitting the button again, but still did not work.

What am I missing here?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I ordered a gen2 SCAB 801A and the window sticker said "4.10 Electronic Lock RR Axle" under "Optional Equipment/Other". I picked up my truck on Saturday, and I saw that the round dial for the 4x4 settings had a button in the center with the diff locker button in the center. But when I pressed it, it gave me a message saying "Not Available". WTF! I tried stopping and hitting the button again, but still did not work.

What am I missing here?

Were you in 2WD or 4WD or 4Low?

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought I read a post that the rear locker on the gen2 only works while in 4wheel drive. Maybe check the owners manual to be sure.

OP
OP
CatchMeOffroad

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I read a post that the rear locker on the gen2 only works while in 4wheel drive. Maybe check the owners manual to be sure.

Oh I didn't know that... My dad just bought a 2016 F150 with the 2.7 ecoboost and he has the same button, but it works in 2WD (I have played around with it a few times). So I assumed the Raptor would also allow it in 2WD mode. If all else fails...read the manual :)

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Read your owners manual. I don't even own a Raptor (yet) but I would be incredibly surprised if the locker worked in 2WD.

Just replied in another box. Yeah didn't think 2WD would disable the locker since it works in my dad's '16 F-150

OP
OP
CatchMeOffroad

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a button, or is it pulling out the knob? I've only looked at 2016s but it was not a button.

On the Raptor, it's a push button in the center of the dial. My dad's '16 was different, you had to pull the whole knob outwards to engage it.

Sawdust

Reaction score
Only works below 25mph in 2wd modes. Have to be in Mud/Sand Baja or Rock mode for all speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read your owners manual. I don't even own a Raptor (yet) but I would be incredibly surprised if the locker worked in 2WD.

This was a feature that was available in the gen1 when in 2wd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk