3rd Monster Energy Outlaw Raptor “Black Op’s Run” September 9-11 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***NOTE: THIS WILL BE A NIGHT RUN AND YOU WILL NEED AFTERMARKET LIGHTING ON YOUR TRUCK!
The Mission:
We will drive our Raptors like a band of outlaw's from Barstow, CA to Las Vegas, NV at night! Using state of the art lighting we can cut through the dark desert on a 200 mile off road adventure. Departure will be the night of September 9th and we’ll run a new course this time that first goes from Barstow, CA to Laughlin, NV. From Laughlin, we will go directly north and run on the east side of Vegas up to the Hard Rock Hotel. Driving offroad at night can be both exciting and nerve-wracking at once! For the first time night drivers, a slow steady pace out of the dust works the best. Your Raptor should be well equipped with the lighting necessary to lead you through desert terrain. The plan will be to arrive in Las Vegas that next morning and enjoy a relaxing day at the pool. This is where we can all hang out and share stories about the night’s run. At 8pm we will have dinner (I am still waiting on what restaurant, but I’ll let you know) and host the awards ceremonies. Prizes will be given out after the dinner from all the sponsoring vendors which include: Monster Energy, Oakley, General Tire, Method Wheel, Volant, Peligroso tequila and many more. Sunday morning @11am we will get together for a driver’s meeting and depart around noon taking the “Peligroso Express Way” south towards home. I will be pre running the course this Saturday the 13th so I’ll know more details when I get back (Time off road, Total distance, exact route, CAUTIONS and HAZARDS on the way for GPS use, emergency logistics and exit locations). I will then set the departure time and place.
The Terrain:
TBD: It’s been about 4 year since I ran this trail last and I am sure that things have changed since then. Stay tuned, I’ll be giving a detailed report when I get back from the pre-run.
Weather:
80 degrees at night.
100+ in the day.
Full moon scheduled Sept. 12th so it will be a bright night!
Driving Ability: This run will be a lot slower paced and will be open to anyone who feels comfortable driving at night.

What’s included:
Pre-staging/Registration info
Outlaw Raptor trail pack from Oakley filled with all kinda of goodies.
Driver's Meeting.
Outlaw Raptor truck number.
Trail Direction. 1 lead truck and 1 in the back. Trail is available on GPS.
Pit Support on trail. 2 mechanics to fix your flats or problems.
Outlaw Chase. Chase truck with trailer and spares for the trucks.
Broken Parts.
Dinner.
Awards banquette
Discounted room rate at the Hard Rock Hotel. (169.99)
$5,000.00 in Prize give aways from sponsoring vendors

To sign up click on the link below.
Raptor Run Registration

Space it limited.......

Attachments

• Black ops vegas.jpg
    Black ops vegas.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

SeaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam I wish I had a Raptor, I hope you will have another night run someday down the road! This sounds like a great time to be had!

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First night in AZ I took the truck out for a 30 minute run.

Attachments

• IMG_0425.jpg
    IMG_0425.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Launched the truck off a 2' berm at about 40mph. The hydro bumps and frame support from Outlaw worked like a champ. Here are some pics of the old bump locations with the bends.

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0432.jpg
    IMG_0432.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 109

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Built a bed rack, moved the wiring harness(es) out of harms way (lower driver's frame rail and driver's fender liner), general once over.

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 101

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out for a final shake down run. 3000' hill climb during a thunder storm in AZ!? Here we are back home and ready for the Black Op's run!

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 110

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any details / pics? On my to-do list as well.

I can snap some tomorrow. I started at the back of the frame and worked my way forward pulling the slack forward as I worked. Moved over the e brake mount and cab mounts. Detached it from the wheel well and zip tied it to the coolant tank bracket. Now if I loose a wheel well from the tire rubbing I won't be tearing out the wiring harness AND it won't be in the debris path from the front tire.

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out for a final shake down run. 3000' hill climb during a thunder storm in AZ!? Here we are back home and ready for the Black Op's run!

Truck looks great W! Just got my Outlaw Bumps last week...Outlaw does fantastic work! Gonna shake em' out with my co-pilot this weekend.

How do you like that Vision X bar?

OP
OP
Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 days till we are off on the Monster Energy Black Op's Night Run. We have a full run and it's going to one to remember. With the weather report calling for thunder storms and rain I guess dust won't be a problem. All the participating raptors are prepped and ready to go the drivers are all well experienced and looking forward to a great adventure. On the other hand we still have a lot of work to do on RSV 1 as we are not quite done with the roll cage and new upgrades. But just like the week before a race it's all hands on deck and we'll sleep next week some time...

Attachments

• IMG_7200.jpg
    IMG_7200.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_7201.jpg
    IMG_7201.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_7203.jpg
    IMG_7203.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 97