3rd gen exhaust for 2nd gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the majority of the sound improvement lies in the “trombone” muffler inlet pipe, which allows for an equal length dual exhaust. So even if that pipe alone was a direct bolt on between Gen 2/3 or if an aftermarket company developed one, it would probably provide 90% of the sound improvement of the Gen 3.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone needs to make a gen2 resonator delete kit that instead of using an X pipe uses a loop to make the exhaust equal length prior to entering the muffler.

ChadG

Reaction score

ChadG

Reaction score
I was told they are currently unavailable due to emission compliance but I don’t know. Nice looking system $$$ though.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...Sounds nice, but for the price, it must be made out of real people :)

18ec0b00st

Reaction score
Someone needs to make a gen2 resonator delete kit that instead of using an X pipe uses a loop to make the exhaust equal length prior to entering the muffler.

I'm sure any competent exhaust shop could fabricate something similar.

Those equal length downpipes are nice but super expensive for only adding maybe 1ft of pipe compared to normal downpipes.