GEN 2 3rd brake light. All ways on but dimmed except when braking. Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 3rd brake light is on in the evenings when my headlights and others are on. It doesn’t matter whether I’m parked or in gear, stationary or driving the red leds are on.
Dimmed though, because when I brake they brighten up.

Friend of my was driving behind me and initially thought I was driving with my foot on the brake. (Don’t you hate those folks that do!!??)

Tried all kinds of settings with the lighting knob. Auto or not it doesn’t matter.

All my Forscan settings are default. Even reset them to default, just to be sure.

Is this normal for the Raptor? (2018). I just don’t recall ever seeing that with others?

Thanks! Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The three at the top rear of the cab are always on with the lights- just like the other two of the five that are required on vehicles wider than 80". Those three act as the CHMSL as well, and brighten when you hit the brakes. The two under the tail lights do not.

OP
OP
hammer73

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent. Didn’t know, but now I do.
Thank you!

The three at the top rear of the cab are always on with the lights- just like the other two of the five that are required on vehicles wider than 80". Those three act as the CHMSL as well, and brighten when you hit the brakes. The two under the tail lights do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk