37x12.50x17 - what are you guys running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck currently has nearly new 37x12.50x17 BFG KM3's. Although they look really good, this truck is on the road a lot more than off. I'm thinking it may be better just to switch to an aggressive AT rather than an MT. I have a feeling it would probably drive a lot better on the road as well. I'm getting ready to purchase a full size spare, so I figure it may be a good idea to potentially switch tires and sell the old ones. I know the KO2's are popular, but figured I'd hear some other opinions as well.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Grabber A/TX and I'm happy with them. My main reason for choosing them was that they are one of the lighter options (72lbs) that isn't the KO2. They would be good for a daily driver and they handle rain/snow/ice better than my Toyo R/T's did.

I'd also consider the Yokohama X-AT which weren't out yet when I was in the market.

I wish you were closer as I'd consider a swap since my truck is no longer a daily driver...

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with the Grabber A/TX and I'm happy with them. My main reason for choosing them was that they are one of the lighter options (72lbs) that isn't the KO2. They would be good for a daily driver and they handle rain/snow/ice better than my Toyo R/T's did.

I'd also consider the Yokohama X-AT which weren't out yet when I was in the market.

I wish you were closer as I'd consider a swap since my truck is no longer a daily driver...

Just drive on out here! Haha

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen some suggest the cooper XLT at3 for a lightweight AT in 37. Measures out to 36.54"

68lbs D load tire

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my previous Raptor, I had the 37 inch KM3s. I wouldn't change a thing. There's an old saying - you don't need mud tires until you need them. They are very good on and off road. The only tires I've had that I like better (and I've had a LOT of AT, Hybrid, and MTs) are the new Yokohama MTs, which I'm currently running. They are just as good off road, and quieter. They are also wearing better. I have 21K on them, and they would go to 50K I believe. I will be replacing them with 37" Yokos and a level kit when these wear out. They are no louder than a Duratrac, slightly louder than a RG.

Last edited:

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the old General Grabber race tire (non-DOT) and they are great. I've got 30k hard miles on them and they are still in good shape. No punctures, even wear, minimal chunking. I rotate through 6, which would increase the life a bit, but I bet I've got another 10 to 20k miles.

They are on the larger side of 37x12.5. On stock rims they just barely rubbed the tie-rod, so I got wheels with 1" offset (relative to the stock offset). They are not quiet on the highway and my gas mileage went way down, so I'm guessing they are way heavier than the stock KOs, but great desert performance and very long lasting tread.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my previous Raptor, I had the 37 inch KM3s. I wouldn't change a thing. There's an old saying - you don't need mud tires until you need them. They are very good on and off road. The only tires I've had that I like better (and I've had a LOT of AT, Hybrid, and MTs are the new Yokohama MTs, which I'm currently running. They are just as good off road, and quieter. They are also wearing better. I have 21K on them, and they would go to 50K I believe. I will be replacing them with 37" Yokos and a level kit when these wear out. They are no louder than a Duratrac, slightly louder than a RG.

M/T tires are awesome offroad in the dirt and mud, but they suck in snow. I run Cooper SSTs in the summer and the BFGs in the winter. For the record, my favorite M/T tire is the Toyo Mud Country, but they are very heavy. The 37" Coopers are 10 lbs lighter per tire than the 37" Toyos. As a matter of fact, before I ran 37's I ran 35" Toyos and my 37" Coopers are a 1lb lighter than the 35" Toyos.

IMG_0089.jpg