37's, Top Perch, Factory Wheels and Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livingston

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw my two cents in to the 37 conversation. Tires are Pro Comp MT2 37/12.5x17, had ran these on a few jeeps in the past, but none this tall. They are a little noisy at the moment. Hoping they wear/quiet down a bit. True 37 though. I am pretty happy with top perch, ride isn't all that worse than bottom/mid in my opinion, but I also imagine the tires are affecting that a bit as well considering I didn't test top on the 35's. I really like the ride height, and I wanted to keep the factory front bumper with the 37's, so it was the way to go for me I think. Tie rods two rotations out put it pretty straight for a drive to the alignment shop. Clearance is pretty tight at the rear of front tires, going to mess with articulation tomorrow to see where else I need to trim, and will post some updates on that. Power is definitely noticeably different running a 91 performance tune, it feels a good 50hp less than before, I am around 10k feet though. Power steering also started to whine. Not sure if coincidence or not. I am at near 50k miles on factory pump.

WP_20160413_17_15_19_Rich_zpsmlpqmwdi.jpg

WP_20160413_17_15_33_Rich_zpsr6yknr8j.jpg

WP_20160413_17_15_00_Rich_zpszvguhwxu.jpg

WP_20160413_16_12_53_Rich_zpsbph0kyeb.jpg

WP_20160413_17_15_10_Rich_zps4mfytdw6.jpg

WP_20160413_16_09_21_Rich_zpsvrww8qmg.jpg

Last edited:

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good. I believe that being on the stock wheels with the stock offset is the best easiest way to run 37s on these trucks

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made them, drilled a ridiculous amount of holes, dremeled between them, and glued in an LED strip.

WP_20151125_17_52_31_Rich_LI_zps507uloll.jpg

WP_20151202_19_33_13_Rich_LI_zpshedwqsic.jpg

WP_20151204_11_34_25_Rich_LI_zpsp2fj83io.jpg

Looks way worth it thoug bro. Looks amazing. Where did you buy the led strip, how much of it and did you have to bake the headlight to take it off the housing? I've been wanting to do this mod but don't wanna mess up a good headlight housing lol

OP
OP
L

livingston

Reaction score
Looks way worth it thoug bro. Looks amazing. Where did you buy the led strip, how much of it and did you have to bake the headlight to take it off the housing? I've been wanting to do this mod but don't wanna mess up a good headlight housing lol

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ODVNQKI/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

I don't think I would go that route again. It is just a flat LED strip with a gel enclosure over it. I am working on another set where I'm just using a more traditional flat strip and putting silicone over the top. I am having some trouble finding a black silicone that is transparent enough, but that's the route I really want to go. Baking them wasn't too bad. There is a little 7mm bolt that holds them together I didn't take off on the first one and kind of messed up the interior housing peeling on it. I would recommend peeling apart the halogen housing if that's an option just to get some practice. You will figure out the best sections to start with to get them pulled apart. In reality though there isn't really anything you can mess up that isn't fixable, just have some patience and keep her warm. 250ish degrees for 7ish minutes at a time has always done me well. Make sure you get some butyl tape too, the factory stuff doesn't hold up well enough to reuse.

Last edited:

tahitiansoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the amber reflector (apart of the headlight)? Please
Will you sell those headlights when the new ones are installed? I might be interested !

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

livingston

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the amber reflector (apart of the headlight)? Please
Will you sell those headlights when the new ones are installed? I might be interested !

This?

WP_20151201_16_07_22_Rich_LI_zpsbmjzksbd.jpg

The amber reflector is just a plastic piece. I put flush mount LED's in there. There are three other flush mounts wired up as strobes. One next to the running light under that cover, and two where the turn signal bulb is. I will let you know when I get the other set done, will be probably a month.

tahitiansoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This?

WP_20151201_16_07_22_Rich_LI_zpsbmjzksbd.jpg

The amber reflector is just a plastic piece. I put flush mount LED's in there. There are three other flush mounts wired up as strobes. One next to the running light under that cover, and two where the turn signal bulb is. I will let you know when I get the other set done, will be probably a month.

More the square Amber reflector removed as I may replace it with a clear one