GEN 1 37s, stock wheels, mid perch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
black rock and northern Nevada runs. also used as search and rescue vehicle during late summer months. pic of truck in my profile.

OP
OP

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
black rock and northern Nevada runs. also used as search and rescue vehicle during late summer months. pic of truck in my profile.
Question: can you still romp on it as hard as you want or do the 37s present some limitations to how aggressive you can drive? Because I feel like with the 35s there is nothing I can do to have them rub. Nice truck btw!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well since the truck came factory with 35s i bet they perform pretty well since there was a bunch of money tossed into a design team lol.

ive seen a few people run 37s on stock wheels and have not had any rubbing issues. the big question you need to ask yourself is what are you wanting to do with the truck??

you want high speed runs? probably not a bad idea to stick to 35s.
you like quick trails with no real chance of major air at high speeds? 37s probably cool.
you like starbucks in the AM because you just cant even? 37s probably ok for this too.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
well since the truck came factory with 35s i bet they perform pretty well since there was a bunch of money tossed into a design team lol.

ive seen a few people run 37s on stock wheels and have not had any rubbing issues. the big question you need to ask yourself is what are you wanting to do with the truck??

you want high speed runs? probably not a bad idea to stick to 35s.
you like quick trails with no real chance of major air at high speeds? 37s probably cool.
you like starbucks in the AM because you just cant even? 37s probably ok for this too.

I've seen people run really hard with 37's on stock wheels/fenders, it's about doing the supporting mods. There is a performance advantage when running offroad from running more sidewall, as well as the larger tires smoothing out small imperfections in the trail/road more than 35s.

If you're going so hard that you're damaging fenders even after smashing pinch welds, you're probably going to end up breaking other things on the truck too.

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not a jumper, but I do drive fast and aggressive with no issues. if you have concerns, 35's are still an excellent choice. I like rubber so I run everything on the 17's.

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
>>>>I'm a jumper<<<<

Aaron's mom stuck him in a baby jumper at birth, until the age of 18. he really never recovered.