37's or 35's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, basically... what we're saying here is 37" tires work on a truck that doesn't offroad? Just to be clear. Does it have to be on top perch?

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember I purchased 37' bfg's and a set of 17" rims in 2006 for my lifted bronco and everyone told me 'that's an odd ball size' and your going to be paying out the ass for those in the future because nobody will have them. Now everyone runs them... One thing I don't know, is there a gear set for the front diff yet. Cause when I do my 37s I will want to regear at some point.

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Great question...I'm considering 37 X 12.5 X17 BFG ATs when my Toyos wear out as the BFGs are actually about 36" tall so I think I could still keep my truck at the middle perch. Also my Toyos, athough I love them, are getting rougher/louder as they wear. So I'm wondering if the 4.10 OEM ratio is good enough for a taller tire. I'd rather not have to swap to a 4.56, etc...

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^Great question...I'm considering 37 X 12.5 X17 BFG ATs when my Toyos wear out as the BFGs are actually about 36" tall so I think I could still keep my truck at the middle perch. Also my Toyos, athough I love them, are getting rougher/louder as they wear. So I'm wondering if the 4.10 OEM ratio is good enough for a taller tire. I'd rather not have to swap to a 4.56, etc...

And that's a better question, (from someone running 37s with stock gearing!!). Is there any power loss with 37s on stock gearing?

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that's a better question, (from someone running 37s with stock gearing!!). Is there any power loss with 37s on stock gearing?

Yes, but not much. It rolls over small bumps so much nicer though.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for clarifying. Who's the manufacturer of your wheels?

Did anyone ever learn the manufacture for those wheels? I would love to see if they had any other styles available.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember I purchased 37' bfg's and a set of 17" rims in 2006 for my lifted bronco and everyone told me 'that's an odd ball size' and your going to be paying out the ass for those in the future because nobody will have them. Now everyone runs them... One thing I don't know, is there a gear set for the front diff yet. Cause when I do my 37s I will want to regear at some point.

There may be a little bit of power loss, but with the 6.2 it won't be too bad. There are gear sets available for these trucks 2011+ what is not available is the install kits because the correct pinion bearing is not yet available.