37's or 35's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

runNgun29

Reaction score
Need some advice from ya'll. I know the majority of you on here are Raptor Purest's, so you'll all hate this. My Raptor will be more of a street queen with occasional off road use once finished.

My questions are:
Should I install 35 inch Toyo's on 20 inch wheels, or 37 inch Toyo's on 22 inch rims? Ive seen a few 37's on 20's already but I'm really torn which way to go.
Is there any significant power loss going with either of these, or MPG loss? I've got several mods to boost the HP without going to a supercharger. Any ideas photos etc would be a great help. Thanks

Also if anyone has 37's on 22's please post a photo.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
37's require new fenders, trimming of firewall, getting rid of pinch weld seam in wheel well and of course top perch.

Go with 35's minimum change over stock, except for weight difference.

It is your Raptor, do what you want with it.. Opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one and usually stink..

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey, if he's a admitted garage queen runner and doesn't go offroad why does he need all that stuff? 37's should only add to his street cred and, as long as he stays offroad he should be good. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
runNgun29

runNgun29

Reaction score
I used to think you had to change all that to fit 37's. I've seen 2 Raptors now with 37's and only a top perch adjustment was made. No rubbing on either of them. It's all about the offsets from what they tell me. And they both off road with them. I'm more curious about the power loss and what a 37 on 22's looks like? I do to plan to off road with it, just not as serious as most of you guys. I've got older vehicles for that.

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running 37" projects and have zero rubbing. I went to a Fab Shop to get the fenders and firewall done. after some adjustments it works great...

Doesn't look to bad either :)

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think with the top perch and some light trimming of front inner fender wells you will be fine even at full lock and full compression with 37's. I am considering 37's myself because they look amazing and fill in the fender wells a little better.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
37's require new fenders, trimming of firewall, getting rid of pinch weld seam in wheel well and of course top perch.

Go with 35's minimum change over stock, except for weight difference.

It is your Raptor, do what you want with it.. Opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one and usually stink..

While I agree 100% with GJ's statements, I still gotta say...22s on a Raptor is just too ghetto for me. 20s is tops IMO.

At the end of the day, its your truck, so enjoy! :peace: