37's on a 2019 with mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great answer to that post regarding why someone would buy a Raptor and not off-road! We all have our own styles, and if you’re going to hate on someone, keep it to yourself! I’m not beating the crap out of mine when I have other vehicles to do that! If they brake, I’ve got the vehicle to pull them out.

View attachment 139383

Have you done anything to your rear suspension? If not, you might want to consider Deaver HDs to minimize the rear sag when toying your sand rail.

Fshnrig

Reaction score
Well, let me satisfy your curiosity. The reason I bought the Raptor is because I could, and I like its looks. The reason I want 37's is because I like the look regardless of the fact of whether it stays on the street or off road. I also put an ADD front bumper on it with a 40" Baja Strip light, along with the RPG collars and SPD turbo adaptors. All this and I've never taken it off road, and don't intend to. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a Raptor, and even a modded Raptor that doesn't off road it. For those that do, great! More power to you, its a free country still.
Its like asking someone who buys a Lambo or Ferrari, why they bought it if they don't intend to race it. All good. :happy160:

Fair enough. I certainly understand the looks part. Its one of the best looking trucks to have ever come out.

OP
OP
R

RAG13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you done anything to your rear suspension? If not, you might want to consider Deaver HDs to minimize the rear sag when toying your sand rail.
I'll definitely look into that if I decide to go the way of the 37's. Thank you.

MattHamby598

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great answer to that post regarding why someone would buy a Raptor and not off-road! We all have our own styles, and if you’re going to hate on someone, keep it to yourself! I’m not beating the crap out of mine when I have other vehicles to do that! If they brake, I’ve got the vehicle to pull them out.

View attachment 139383

ditto. I'm looking forward to my Can-am growing up and looking like yours

ca.jpg

mp_tx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 139383

Have you checked your tongue weight? Looks to me like your sand rail needs to be further back on trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I'll definitely look into that if I decide to go the way of the 37's. Thank you.

either that or since you only drive on the street ( and don't seem to have any complaints about the ride quality), maybe look into some airbags with daystar cradles.

If you do end up offroading it, or needing to pull the sand car out from a stuck, the cradles allow the airbags to "float" at full droop so they don't limit suspension articulation or tear.

If you don't do something in the rear, the truck will squat a bunch and your headlights will be pointed at the treetops. ( and your steering will be ultra light. )

if you're pulling that sand rail, you may also want to consider a regear if you go to 37s. Raptors run hot from the factory and adding a taller tire will take the raptor out of its intended final drive ratio and will make the motor work harder, thus reducing tow capacity and making it much easier to have thermal issues.

I get that the 37s would be for looks mostly, but you should consider the necessary supporting modifications that are required to maintain the usability that you're looking for.

OP
OP
R

RAG13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
either that or since you only drive on the street ( and don't seem to have any complaints about the ride quality), maybe look into some airbags with daystar cradles.

If you do end up offroading it, or needing to pull the sand car out from a stuck, the cradles allow the airbags to "float" at full droop so they don't limit suspension articulation or tear.

If you don't do something in the rear, the truck will squat a bunch and your headlights will be pointed at the treetops. ( and your steering will be ultra light. )

if you're pulling that sand rail, you may also want to consider a regear if you go to 37s. Raptors run hot from the factory and adding a taller tire will take the raptor out of its intended final drive ratio and will make the motor work harder, thus reducing tow capacity and making it much easier to have thermal issues.

I get that the 37s would be for looks mostly, but you should consider the necessary supporting modifications that are required to maintain the usability that you're looking for.
Thank you for taking the time for this. I shall definitely look into this if I decide to do the 37's.

Michael Coburn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on the fence on whether to switch to 37's. I hear pros and cons on this but just wanted to do as much research as possible before making a final decision. I RPG 2-1/2" front collar leveling on my Raptor as well as the ADD Stealth bumper. Anyone running a similar setup? Any issues with tire binding or rubbing. All of my driving is street and highway, no off road. Thanks for your help in advance!
I just put 37 K02's on along with ICON wheels, Deavers HD at Standard Height, and Camburg Upper control arms and fox bumps top kit. I leveled with the ICON collar at 1.5 a few months ago. What a difference.

IMG_6623.jpeg

60574115047__FEA0E62A-5A71-4291-B9F1-DADB0556E279.jpeg

Last edited: