37s and hard off-roading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpostell

Reaction score
Hello! I picked up a raptor recently with 37x13.5 toyo mts on a +1 offset wheel. Truck has perch collars, but thats it. Took it offroading and it obviously rubbed like crazy, mainly in the rear though. Lost a fender bolt on one side.

I am getting different wheels and tires, and I want to keep 37s but I do offroad the vehicle to full compression. What offset wheels do I need to be looking for? I am looking at the factory BFG KO2 37s as well from the gen 3. Or am I better of just taking it back to 35s if I am pushing the truck offroad?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bfg ko2’s in 37x12.50 should clear in the back with 0 offset unless you’re doing a bunch of rock crawling. Something in the +6-20mm range would be even better. You’ll probably need the fender mod up front though.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or am I better of just taking it back to 35s if I am pushing the truck offroad?

Seems to be the best option everyone is saying from experience but no one wants to hear. Hell, lots of folks who actually bottom the suspension even "say" 0 offset with 35s is not ideal. But someone will "say" they've done it and were fine. I "say" err on the side of caution if you are really going to wring it out.

...out before the argument.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're going to offroad hard on 37s, you'll need to definitely set up your truck differently. Unless you're willing to dump big money, stick to 35s, even then you'll spend money. Fox 3.0s, Deavers, Fox bump stops.

Look into the SDI EClik system too. It's pretty much amazing.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do 35's unless you plan on going mid travel. 37's and serious offroading require aftermarket fenders.
No they don't. I'm running 37's with stock fenders. Granted I have SVC upper Control arms and King shocks but I run my truck hard. Been to Baja multiple times and constantly out in the Nevada desert. No Fender issues. I'm running 37 KM3's on 0 offset Methods

OP
OP
T

tpostell

Reaction score
If you're going to offroad hard on 37s, you'll need to definitely set up your truck differently. Unless you're willing to dump big money, stick to 35s, even then you'll spend money. Fox 3.0s, Deavers, Fox bump stops.

Look into the SDI EClik system too. It's pretty much amazing.
Eclick is on the list once I get the wheels and tires done. Having trouble finding live valve take offs though.