37pp - found and bought in 10 days

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor37noadm

Reaction score
New here, but I’ve been lurking for some time.

Traded my stealth wrapped leadfoot 2020 raptor today on a 23 avalanche 37pp.

Crazy - called hundreds of dealers. All said they had the truck on auto trader, none really had it.

Finally - found a guy that said “sorry, the blue one you called about is sold but we do have a grey one available as of 20 minutes ago - but you prob don’t want it because it’s expensive…has some 37pp package…”

I gave him a deposit on the spot.

Long story short - 10 days later I drove away with my 2023 37pp avalanche loaded. No heated steering but everything else. Carbon. Twin panel. 37pp. Power pack. Etc.

First impression - way better truck. 2020 Not even in same league as this new truck. Definitely an upgrade. The 37‘s look soooo good. My 2020 was goosetuned, but this runs pretty similar.

If anyone is looking for a 2020 wrapped in Xpel stealth - check your local Houston dealers.

Pretty lucky find right…?

I will say - dealers shouldn’t be allowed to post autotrader for trucks they don’t have. Made a few weeks of calling frustrating.

Attachments

• A0A87831-57E6-4EB2-9D36-8E5340CA73F1.jpeg
    A0A87831-57E6-4EB2-9D36-8E5340CA73F1.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 383
OP
OP
R

Raptor37noadm

Reaction score
Kind of….long story short - I paid about 5k over if you factor the trade and options forced.

That said - I got it immediately and it was super easy. Also - I bought my 2020 new, drove it for 55k miles over 2.5 years and they gave me 10k less on trade than my original purchase price. Of course - the stealth wrap was money lost but in all / not sure I can be upset about a little over retail to walk in and out in under 2 weeks when guys have literally been waiting over a year. My time is more valuable and I know - I contributed to the problem.

But it’s pretty a cool truck.

Goes in for full Xpel Tuesday. Should I stealth it?

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of….long story short - I paid about 5k over if you factor the trade and options forced.

That said - I got it immediately and it was super easy. Also - I bought my 2020 new, drove it for 55k miles over 2.5 years and they gave me 10k less on trade than my original purchase price. Of course - the stealth wrap was money lost but in all / not sure I can be upset about a little over retail to walk in and out in under 2 weeks when guys have literally been waiting over a year. My time is more valuable and I know - I contributed to the problem.

But it’s pretty a cool truck.

Goes in for full Xpel Tuesday. Should I stealth it?
YES STEALTH IT.

OP
OP
R

Raptor37noadm

Reaction score
My last 3 cars were all stealth - installer seems to think stealth looks best when paint has flake. With avalanche he warned it could look like primer and so many cars including non premiums are getting the matte treatment these days.

That said - full wrap without stealth is just protection. Sucks to pay so many stacks for it to look the same.

Decisions decisions.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My last 3 cars were all stealth - installer seems to think stealth looks best when paint has flake. With avalanche he warned it could look like primer and so many cars including non premiums are getting the matte treatment these days.

That said - full wrap without stealth is just protection. Sucks to pay so many stacks for it to look the same.

Decisions decisions.
There’s already a color for primer…Leadfoot. Lol You’ll be fine; go with stealth. Seems you want it more than not anyway.