37in Tire Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they dont, not for a 17in wheel at least from what i saw!
that is correct. My mistake. Hopefully they will start making them. Nitto Recon Grappler is new but not yet available in 37. Looks like an interesting option to follow as well.

ape318

Reaction score
Start off by saying i've got the 35in Raptor.

Really liked the look of the 37s and read on here that the OEM BFG 37s would work fine, so purchased a set and got them mounted/balanced. Soon as I left the shop and got on the highway the I felt and saw a ton of vibration in the steering wheel, immediately called my shop and they said to bring it back by for them to take a look at it. Sure enough the front 2 tires were out of round and bad from BFG.

They ordered me 4 new tires just to be safe and be able to pick the best 4 out of the 8 total ordered. Week later they show up and get them mounted and balanced again, the tires looked much better on the road force machine as well. Truck drove noticeably smoother, but just felt floaty if that makes any sense, just not planted i guess. Played around with air pressures and still didn't like the way they felt.

Called my shop again and they had a new set of 37x12.5x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on hand and decided to give those a try, good lord i don't know how some of you guys run those 10 ply tires on these trucks. The truck felt so sluggish and rubbed like crazy (have 17x8.5 Innov8 G600 wheels with +6 offset). MPGs were also killed, went from averaging 16 to 13.

So after all this, went back to stock size. Went with the Goodyear Duratrac, happy with the outcome even though I went through 2.5 sets of tires

View attachment 329944
The 37 package has a modified suspension. That may be why it rides different for you.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 37 package has a modified suspension. That may be why it rides different for you.
Hi-there are VERY small differences between the 35 and 37 packages. Also, you are actually making trade offs with the 37 package not all positive…What would be better in your opinion?

OP
OP
asteele711

asteele711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi-there are VERY small differences between the 35 and 37 packages. Also, you are actually making trade offs with the 37 package not all positive…What would be better in your opinion?
Bump stops and shock shafts are the only main differences, but that shouldn’t have any affect on how the tires felt, I would think

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump stops and shock shafts are the only main differences, but that shouldn’t have any affect on how the tires felt, I would think
Totally agree not going to feel a 1/8 of an inch difference in a shock shaft and the 35 shocks have an 1 inch more travel which is a benefit not a minus.

OP
OP
asteele711

asteele711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree not going to feel a 1/8 of an inch difference in a shock shaft and the 35 shocks have an 1 inch more travel which is a benefit not a minus.
and can fit a spare BFG 37 under the truck too! so if you're going to run 37s its best to run the OEM ones!